I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

College logo decals
Posted by: Walter Drover (176.227.243.---)
Date: March 15, 2024 04:24PM

I have a request to build a rod with a college logo decal/sticker. I have not found a source online that is sized for fishing rods. Decal Connection will produce one if they have a letter from the legal department approving the decal. That would be a challenge and probably a licensing fee. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: College logo decals
Posted by: Kerry Hansen (---.wavecable.com)
Date: March 15, 2024 04:33PM

If you do more than 1 rod, look into getting a K-SUN PEARLABEL MAKER or weave it

Posted by: Terry Fude (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: March 15, 2024 06:15PM

Try looking at decals for fingernails. I used them to do a cubs rod for a friend

Posted by: Daryl Ferguson (47.214.193.---)
Date: March 15, 2024 11:52PM

What Terry said. Waterslide fingernail decals are the way to go.

Posted by: Les Cline (---)
Date: March 16, 2024 08:31AM

Give Mud Hole a call.

They used to carry logos for the major universities - these were sized to fit on a blank. I purchased some a couple years ago.

Their new catalogue does not show them specifically; I don't know if they still carry them or not. Worth a check - they have very good customer service, IME.

Posted by: Michael Ward (---)
Date: March 16, 2024 04:29PM

Les Cline Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Give Mud Hole a call.
>
> They used to carry logos for the major
> universities - these were sized to fit on a blank.
> I purchased some a couple years ago.
>
> Their new catalogue does not show them
> specifically; I don't know if they still carry
> them or not. Worth a check - they have very good
> customer service, IME.

Not available from Mudhole at this time :(

Posted by: Walter Drover (185.255.130.---)
Date: March 17, 2024 05:43PM

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I have ordered some fingernail decals as well as some vinyl stickers (may be too large). I’ll let you know how they work.

Posted by: John Santos (---)
Date: March 19, 2024 12:38PM

Some colleges (at least ours is) are sticklers on their trademarks.

Posted by: Chuck Brezen (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: March 19, 2024 03:10PM

I make a lot of my own labels and custom stuff with my Epson inkjet printer. I use the inkjet waterslide decal paper occasionally and have had decent results. I also use NEATO clear stick label sheets on my printer (Make sure to print in high res). All of these need to be sprayed with KRYLON UV Clear for protection.

Chuck

><))))">….><))))">….><))))">….Just Fish

Prior Lake Rod Building Guild
Instagram @pl_rod_building_guild

Posted by: Brent Moy (---.lightspeed.snantx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 21, 2024 03:13PM

Definitely try and call the Licensing and trademark office of the school. Decal connection has to protect themselves legally, which is why they do that. Ive made rods for several colleges in texas as well as highschools and have never been told no when asking for permission and vector images. And most of the time they have already sent an email to decal connection for other rodbuilders and have the email already drafted. Im assuming your client is an alum and most every school will be more than willing to allow you to use the logo on a rod for an alum. Its free advertising for them at the end of the day. The issue arises when companies want to use the logo for a line of rods where they will be making profits multiple times, that's not the case for you. But definitely try and give the school a call. If it happens to be Texas A&M they'll get you what you need within 10 minutes. Gigem ags

Posted by: Mark Brassett (---.cust.exede.net)
Date: March 22, 2024 08:15AM

Great info! Thanks, Brent.

Posted by: Marcus McCleery (---.nwlnmn.broadband.dynamic.tds.net)
Date: April 04, 2024 10:31AM

I use fingernail waterslide decals for any sports or random rod theme. Below is a photo of a rod I made for a vet fireman. He wanted the maltese cross and an American flag( I put that on the thread hider.
Risa responded to the photo she asked for here:

***Did you know that I make Custom Decals? You can send any image to me and I can make it into a decal! Message me if you would like more information about ordering a Custom Decal.

This is Lisa's Etsy contact
2_6e3923d9ce470a6eb601cd81fd44386fa8738248_1248801257299@convos.etsy.com

Maybe she can help you. I had to use white paint on this rod for the translucent decal to show up better. After the fact and Risa said she can make them with a white background! Next time!

Here's the decals she sent me for $4.50:

/Users/marcusmccleery/Desktop/IMG_2684.jpeg

Marcus McCleery

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster