I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Beautiful Cork Rings for sale...
Posted by: Tom Solanto (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 31, 2024 06:51PM

Hi everyone, TackleZoom has a deep and varied cork ring supply, and we ship from the USA... More than 100,000 rings in stock and ready to ship. All at VERY fair and reasonable prices... We have more than 40 varieties of Cork in different sizes... EVEN cork Cylindars!!! Not on the site yet... Below is a small sample of the rings we offer. All available at www.TackleZoom.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2024 07:15PM by Tom Solanto.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Beautiful Cork Rings for sale...
Posted by: Craig A Fales (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: February 01, 2024 12:18AM

The black trail on down looked good. I can't say I'd ever coat mine with anything though.

Date: February 01, 2024 04:42AM

Hi Craig, when mixing materials like hardwoods, acrylic or hybrid materials I like to seal them. Otherwise the wood gets dull. I also seal them if I engrave them. It helps to protect the engraving. We do make lots of grips that we leave natural as well. This is s VERY small sample of what we have as far as rings go.

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: February 01, 2024 06:54AM

Tom, what do you seal them with?

Posted by: Tom Solanto (---)
Date: February 01, 2024 01:32PM

It depends. When mixing materials like hardwoods or acrylics I like to use a good marine grade varnish. The pics above are wet BTW they don’t look like this now. If it’s just cork, nothing necessary unless engraved. Then I will use U-40 or some similar

Date: February 02, 2024 06:09AM

Thanks, Tom.
Now for your next assignment, how do you put pictures directly onto a post. I've been trying to figure it out for a long time.

Date: February 02, 2024 05:10PM

Ha, simple... Get a url for your pic. Maybe from facebook or somewhere you have posted a pic then... All you do is type this:

Posted by: Tom Solanto (69.122.167.---)
Date: February 02, 2024 07:21PM

Well that did not work. I’ll have to take a screenshot of the method to do this and send it that way

Date: February 03, 2024 08:27AM

Ok Mike here ya go.

When you select the pic that you want to upload right click the pic and select copy image link... That is it...

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2024 07:27AM by Tom Solanto.

Date: February 04, 2024 07:18AM

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2024 07:27AM by Tom Solanto.

Date: February 04, 2024 08:12AM

[images.search.yahoo.com]

I pasted the web address (URL?) into the comment field and it shows the path to the image, but not the image. I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks, Tom
I then went back to the image, right clicked , hit copy image, then came to this comment and hit paste, but no image appeared. Not getting it right yet.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2024 08:19AM by Michael Danek.

Posted by: Tom Solanto (---)
Date: February 04, 2024 11:20AM

Right click on the image and select copy image link. It’s not the same as the url in the browser

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster