I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Shipping
Posted by: David Sytsma (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: January 22, 2024 08:39PM

I just started doing business with HFF; really nice guys, and Joe was a huge help. They have a great selection, and will be seeing more of me in the future. Since I live in Southwest Michigan, I was excited to have another source in-state and closer to home. Made my first order, they shipped it Priority Mail on 1/18, and USPS said I would have it yesterday. Nothing yesterday or today. I track my mail daily due to a repeating problem with mail theft, so I opened the USPS tracking website. It was shipped from Taylor, MI on the day of purchase (1/18) to the Detroit regional facility. Detroit sent it to Omaha, NE. Omaha sent it to Chicago and I can't even begin to speculate where it will be next. It's not a critical issue as far as a rod build goes, so I'm not biting my nails, but my Gen4 is on a world tour. Go figure. That's my tale of woe for the day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Shipping
Posted by: chris c nash (---.atmc.net)
Date: January 22, 2024 08:46PM

USPS likes to send packages on world tours sometimes , been there .

Posted by: Grant Darby (---.sf-cable.astound.net)
Date: January 22, 2024 10:09PM

I know someone who is still waiting for their Omaha Steaks Christmas present. Frozen, no doubt.

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: January 22, 2024 10:36PM

David,
Guess what.

Packages get shipped around the world all of the time, even when the address is across the street. Just trust the service, that you will eventually get your shipment.

It is not only the USPS that does this. Now and then, it happens to virtually every shipper that has ever shipped anything.

Best wishes

Posted by: Kerry Hansen (---.wavecable.com)
Date: January 23, 2024 03:02PM

In October I had refilled a serious expensive MED from my Medical ins provider and it was sent by USPS. Going on two weeks and I hadn't gotten it yet. So checked on tracking and called the med company. They said it is in Chicago and out for delivery. I said wait a minute, "Out For Delivery" means the postal carrier has it and is on his ROUTE and is bringing it to my home/mail box which isn't right because I don't live in Illinois, I live in WA state! Heck of a big route. Heck of a difference from when One of my Grandfathers used to deliver mail in the early 1900's in a Horse and Buggy rig then later in a Model T.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster