I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Part for Amtak/Pac Bay Wrapper
Posted by: Tony Politi (---)
Date: January 22, 2024 03:49PM

Does anyone still sell parts for the Amtak/Pac Bay Power Wrapper? I am looking for the bottom piece of the rod support ( The piece that clamps it to the track)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Part for Amtak/Pac Bay Wrapper
Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: January 22, 2024 04:32PM

Yes, some have parts, but you have to buy the whole support, it would be easy enough to make your own, you just need the capture a nut on the bottom of your bottom piece you make.

Date: January 24, 2024 09:03PM

Thanks Spencer, I think I'll try to rig something. Was hoping there were replacement parts somewhere. Oh well.

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: January 26, 2024 12:21PM

Tony,
Please post a picture of what you need.

Most times a picture saves many words of explanation.

Date: January 26, 2024 02:52PM

roger wilson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tony,
> Please post a picture of what you need.
>
> Most times a picture saves many words of
> explanation.

If I could figure out how to attach a picture to this I would. Let me see if I can upload one to the photo tab.

Date: January 26, 2024 02:54PM

Let's see if this link works.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: roger wilson (---)
Date: January 27, 2024 07:36AM

Tony,
It appears that this part consists of a piece of nylon with a built up area in the middle.
It also appears that a bolt is anchored in that piece to feed through the base and up into the rod rest itself.

This would be very easy to make in your shop.

Simply take a couple of pieces of 1/4 inch thick plastic cutting board.

Cut the bottom piece to match the size of the piece you are creating.
Then, cut a 2nd piece to be the same size and (use the appropriate thickness) to add to the top of the first piece to create the centering you need.
Then, just use silicone adhesive to glue the two pieces together.
Then, drill a hole through the center of the piece, but make it a bit undersize so that you can tap the hole with the correct size tap.
Then, use a counter sinking bit to beval the hole on the bottom of the first piece.
Finally, using epoxy to hold it secure, insert your flat headed machine screw up from the bottom through the two pieces to create your new part.

You should be able to make this pretty quickly in about 15 minutes and you will be good to go.

Plenty of cutting boards in different sizes, colors and thicknesses at the local Walmart store.

If you don't want to go with plastic, you could use wood, or aluminum to create the new part.

Or, if you have a buddy with a 3d printer, you could have the part printed on his / her 3d printer.

----------------------------
Or, just take two pieces of 1/4 inch plywood. Cut the bottom piece to match the size of the main part of the part. Then, cut the top piece to match the size of the top part. If 1/4 inch is too thick, then, use 1/8th inch ply wood for the top part. Epoxy them together, drill an undersized hole in the part. Counter sink the hole on the bottom of the larger piece and thread in a flat head machine screw of the right size to secure the pieces. Use epoxy to hold the bolt secrure.

Mount the rod rest on your wrapper and go to work.

Date: January 27, 2024 05:14PM

Roger Wilson, thank you for the cutting board idea, I think I have a few old ones in the garage that I saved for use on the boat. I had planned on making something out of wood if I couldn't find the actual part.
Thanks again!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster