I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Get Bit
Posted by: David Baylor (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: January 19, 2024 05:04PM

Just wanted to send a shout out to one of the forum sponsors Get Bit Outdoors.

I placed an order yesterday 1/18 at around 6:30 PM ET. It wasn't a large order, Just an order for a set of guides.

I just checked my e mail, and had an e mail from them saying my order has shipped !!!! Less than 24 hours !!! Now if that isn't outstanding I don't know what is.

Just want to say great job to the folks at Get Bit Outdoors !!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Get Bit
Posted by: Patrick Coco (---)
Date: January 19, 2024 05:09PM

I've never used Get Bit and they sound awesome.

I ordered from Voodoorods.com at 10:09am this morning and received shipping confirmation at 1:00pm.

Point being, we are blessed to have some awesome forum sponsors. The customer service in this little corner of the outdoor world we find ourselves in is really awesome.

Posted by: David Baylor (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: January 19, 2024 08:24PM

Patrick, that kind of service from VooDoo rods is more than outstanding as well. I've seen their name mentioned in numerous threads on this site. Gonna have to give them a try as well.

We're lucky to have the list of sponsors that we have on this site. If one doesn't have it in stock, another just might. That was the case with the order I placed with Get Bit. I normally end up splitting an order for a rod build between Get Bit, and Mud Hole. Reel seats, trim pieces and the occasional Fuji guide order from Get Bit, and various brands of guides, threads, finishes and the like, from Mud Hole.

I had already had already had some things in the cart at Mud Hole, so I went to them to order the guides at first, They didn't have one of the guides I needed, so I went over to see if Get Bit had it in stock. They did, so I placed the needed guides in my cart, and then went to order the tip top I needed. Get Bit didn't have it in stock. So I went back to Mud Hole to see if they had the needed tip top in stock, They did, so I split the order between the two.

I need to give the other sponsors of this forum a look see as well. The ones I have worked with thus far have all had great service. We are indeed, lucky to have them. And have links to them so easily obtainable

Posted by: Ryan Keller (---)
Date: January 19, 2024 10:18PM

I ordered a guide set from get bit over the holidays and it shipped out extremely fast. It went from the states and entered Canada and then held up in customs in Canada. It was held there for over a week before finally being shipped to me. But from get bit even over the holidays they had my order shipped out withing 24 hrs. Even came with a thank you card. Couldn't ask for better service.

Posted by: Kendall Cikanek (---)
Date: January 20, 2024 12:02AM

Some of us were having frustrations with Get Bit shipping a few years ago (pre-COVID-19). I recently had a good experience with them and was happy to put them back on the “to do business with” list. VooDoo, Utmost, Rod Geeks, and RodBuilders Warehouse have also treated me well over the years. It’s been a trying several years with demand bulges, supply disruptions, and difficulties finding employees. I did order partially because of a good promotion, but I also wanted to use that occasion to get back to good experiences with Get Bit. There are a few things I use that I can get from them and not the other vendors I mentioned.

Posted by: Jeffrey Merlino (---.phlapa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 20, 2024 09:10AM

Get Bit is on my short list of suppliers when I'm assembling components for a new build. I've never been disappointed.

Posted by: Michael Ward (---)
Date: January 20, 2024 12:48PM

Kevin and crew are top notch - with investment they made in real-time inventory a lot of the past issues are gone and order to ship times are down as well to usually within the next day. Good group of folks to do business with.

Posted by: John Santos (38.22.141.---)
Date: January 20, 2024 01:21PM

Honestly, this is what I expect when I order online. This day and age, the companies that take too long to fulfill risk their own livelihood. It’s nice that there are still companies out there that do it right.

Posted by: Evan Cobb (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: January 21, 2024 07:59PM

I try to order from GetBit more than any other company. They’re great to do business with, fast shipping, orders have always been accurate, and whenever I had an issue they took care of it. I previously had a cork fly handle split when reaming it out by hand. I contacted GetBit with the intention of ordering a replacement and within a couple days I had a new one at my door at no cost

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster