I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rodbuilding.org Mobile App
Posted by: Aleks Maslov (Moderator)
Date: January 03, 2024 08:24PM

Dear All,

Those of you that use the Rodbuilding.org app, we are currently working on an update.

Personally, I'd like to see two additions as they would make my posts and browsing easier -

1) Copy Paste of text
2) Pinch and Zoom for images

What are your "must haves" to "nice to have"

Thanks,
Aleks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rodbuilding.org Mobile App
Posted by: Kevin Fiant (74.140.56.---)
Date: January 03, 2024 10:34PM

I use the mobile app quite a lot since since not always at a computer but phone is handy.

Some must haves from my perspective:
1. Ability to copy a thread directly in app and paste elsewhere (like a Facebook forum)
2. Keeping app users logged in so that you don’t have to re-login every time you open app
3. When replying to a post on the app it moves that thread back to top of list. That only works on computer.
4. More “user friendly” typing interface. Sometimes you have very limited space to see your typing….
5. Submitting post on app sometimes problematic. ie submit button partially or completely hidden sometimes.

Nice to have
1. Ability to post multiple images at once

App has been handy for me to peruse threads while on the go. Thanks for ongoing development.

Posted by: Kevin Fiant (74.140.56.---)
Date: January 03, 2024 10:49PM

One other nice to have. Show an indicator when a reply is submitted thru app. That only seems to work on computer.

For example my two replies to this thread were done on app on 1/3/24 ~ 10:30pm Est and other forum users won’t know that I’ve replied unless they open this thread.

Posted by: Patrick Coco (---)
Date: January 04, 2024 12:34AM

Must haves:
- Same quote/edit/response functionality as the website. I can't edit posts while in the app.

- Maintain login
- Ability to post multiple pics

Nice to Have:
- a way to tell which posts/threads are new to me as

Posted by: Ryan Edamatsu (---)
Date: January 06, 2024 07:25PM

How do I find and install the mobile app? The app store? And what devices is it compatible or not compatible with?

Date: January 06, 2024 10:57PM

Ryan,

Its in the app store (both iOS and Android) as Rodbuilding.org

Aleks

Date: January 06, 2024 10:58PM

Kevin/Patrick -

Thank you both.

Aleks

Posted by: David Baylor (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: January 07, 2024 08:22AM

Aleks, just curious if there is any updating of the non mobile app version of the forum in the works for us non cell phone type members.

I belong to a more fishing oriented message board web site that when you click on a link to a thread, it takes you to the post right after the last post you viewed. Also it would be awesome if you could post a thumbnail version of a picture into a thread through the thread itself.

Date: January 07, 2024 12:28PM

David,

Yes.

We have to work within the parameters of the phorum software and make some custom additions -

The first stage will be to update to the latest version of the software that exists (which encompasses the features you are talking about, in addition to the photo upload within a post) and then focus on some additional upgrades around the search function while keeping the same structure for historical SEO reasons)

Aleks

David Baylor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Aleks, just curious if there is any updating of
> the non mobile app version of the forum in the
> works for us non cell phone type members.
>
> I belong to a more fishing oriented message board
> web site that when you click on a link to a
> thread, it takes you to the post right after the
> last post you viewed. Also it would be awesome if
> you could post a thumbnail version of a picture
> into a thread through the thread itself.

Posted by: David Baylor (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: January 07, 2024 12:44PM

Aleks, thank you ...... and outstanding !!!! Can't wait

Posted by: Michael Ward (---.atlagax1.pop.starlinkisp.net)
Date: January 08, 2024 10:08AM

- ability to stay logged in
- ability to add multiple pics to a single post
- ability to edit post in the app

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster