I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: NFC Fly blank - EPITOME C6O2 (CarbonAir)
Posted by: Bruce Tewnion (---.177.181.107.wiredns.net)
Date: January 28, 2024 03:59PM

Aleks Maslov Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bruce -
>
> Steve is out of the office - but email
> info@northforkcomposites.com and it will get
> routed to Kelsey / Charlie / Ashlynn and they can
> add to their order.
>
> Aleks

I did email but directly to Steve so no response right away. Then I tried again and he must have been back as they did add the grip to my order.

Then after the 90 day mark the same day I was going to email again to ask about the order I got up to find my wife talking to Kelsey so took the phone.
She said it had got held up as one of the 4pc blanks was out of stock and they had to wait until they did a run. I planned to mention in my email that if it was something like that
I could probably pick something else as I ordered in a bit of a rush so could probably change that one to something else in stock.

All good with me as I'm still not all set up but for situations like this maybe they should email the customer that it's going to be a while longer in case they could also select something different.
About a month ago I came down with a cold or something and still haven't shaken it so haven't been too active. On a good day I always have some sort of chores to do around the house then might have
a few crappy days after.

The blank that I'm going to use with the Skeleton grip I ordered is the 13' CP 1303-2(LMX XRay) and will be slightly over 14' once paired with that grip. Should I think of it as a 14' rod when considering guide placement?
I also want to Spiral wrap it so any tips about size and number of guides needed to do it correctly would be a great help. I plan to use small single foot guides for all but the stripping guide. Steve mentioned that there should be something on the site about doing spiral wraps but I didn't find it. The way that site works doesn't make it easy to find info like that at least for me. When I search that particular blank nothing about guide placement comes up. I did watch the short video for it when they did the destructive test and it maxed out the machine at over 32lbs without breaking the blank. Very impressive!

A bit of a happy story for me is I had to run down to the town of Valleyview about 40 min south of me just this Friday to meet a guy who was buying an Ambassadeur 6500LC reel I was selling on FB Marketplace. Paid my asking price of $125 and $25 for gas money but the travel time was annoying. Checked out a sporting goods store down there I'd never been too in the 23 years I've lived in northern Alberta here. Found what I think is the perfect reel for that rod they were selling for $170. When I asked if there was a senior's discount she told me all reels were 40% off then took off 50% at the till so I got a brand new, in the box, Ambassadeur 5501C3 for only $85. Didn't even have to hide that purchase from the wife! lol The drive was worth it after all.

“The gods do not deduct from man’s allotted span the hours spent in fishing.” - Herbert Hoover

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ben Lori (---.103.147.96.tpia.cipherkey.com)
Date: March 04, 2024 10:45PM

Mike Hubbert Wrote:
> I have not yet

Hi Mike,
Just circling back on this and wondering if you got your yet?

Posted by: Mike Hubbert (---)
Date: March 05, 2024 05:46AM

Ben,
I have received the 9’0” 5 wt fast action after paint and waiting for the one without paint. I will post both weights of each section as soon as I get the unpainted version.

Mike

Posted by: Chris Rosell (---)
Date: March 05, 2024 07:13PM

I am of the sentiment of all the posters on this thread. Am I a NFC customer, you bet. Am I looking at other Manufactures of Blanks, you bet.

The real conundrum of the negative posts is that it applies to all businesses. A bad apple at company will have wash down effects throughout the company as a whole. There leaves room for improvement in the CI dept, or aspect for anyone to improve and give a company a 100 percent customer satisfaction.

One thing the industry could improve on is a set standard like ASTM. I have had reels that the reel seat foot got crushed from the actual reel seat and others. This industry is kinda like a painter doing a painting with many manufactures and matching everything up can leave a newer builder scratching their head some times.

All I can really appreciate is that folks continue to work together, and these newer technologies developed at companies do not get them trashed completely out of business.

Posted by: Ernie Blum (---)
Date: March 07, 2024 05:37PM

Well, now that that's taken care of, any meaningful feedback or thoughts on the blank?

Posted by: Mike Hubbert (---)
Date: March 07, 2024 06:06PM

Building the F 590-4F

It’s on the turner as we speak. I’ll let you know in a couple days. I’ll be building 2 of the carbon air in F 950-4M, in the next couple weeks, so should have a better idea.

Mike

Date: March 08, 2024 06:58AM

Thanks Mike!

Posted by: Ross Montgomery (---.ipv6.telus.net)
Date: March 08, 2024 09:09PM

I’ve probably ordered a few dozen blanks from nfc in the last few years. They’ve always come as expected as they state that there could be a wait for not in stock items when ordering. If there was ever a problem they always replied promptly and rectified it. So I will continue to give my business to nfc. And I do believe they are definitely some of the best blanks out there and a terrific value.
I have not used a fly blank in the c602 but have used them in gear blanks. I’d say they are super light, great sensitivity and I will be buying a fly blank soon.

Date: March 10, 2024 03:08PM

Mike Hubbert Wrote:
> Building the F 590-4F
It’s on the turner as we speak. I’ll let you
know in a couple days.

Hey Mike,

Any word on that F 590-4F?

Posted by: Kendall Cikanek (---)
Date: March 11, 2024 11:41PM

There is a point when old history should be considered irrelevant even when it still shows up in a search. Much of the awful stuff you can find about NFC appears to be more than five years old. The more contemporary comments are far different in tone and balance. I’ll never accept a blank that bends more than slightly in one plane. However, if I choose to order during a big promotion, a wait of a few weeks seems very reasonable.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster