I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Posting photos
Posted by: Douglas Roeber (---)
Date: August 17, 2023 08:27PM

How do I post a series of photos?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Posting photos
Posted by: Lance Schreckenbach (---.lightspeed.hstntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: August 18, 2023 06:08PM

@#$%& if I know. I have been on this site for at least 5 years and have done everything that they tell you to do to post pics but none of it has worked. Now that NFC has something to do with ownership of the site I am hoping they can find a programer that can bring it into this century. I highly doubt that you will ever be able to post pics from right here like every other website on the internet is able to do. It should be able to give a thumbs up and post a pic just like on microskiff.com and a 100 other websites. My daughter is in a class right now that is teaching her to do it, hopefully she can get a job here, make money and move out of my house.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: August 18, 2023 06:30PM

Thousands of people have no trouble posting photos to the photo site, which by the way, is not part of this forum. Many people make the mistake of thinking their registration here on the forum includes them on the photo page - it doesn't. Two different websites.

Register on the photo page and once validated just follow the prompts.

Date: August 18, 2023 06:32PM

Lance,

You're not registered on the photo site. That might have something to do with your supposed difficulties.

Date: August 18, 2023 07:35PM

Tom Kirkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Lance,
>
> You're not registered on the photo site. That
> might have something to do with your supposed
> difficulties.
>
> .........
Yes I am according to the site. I never get a conformation at my email and it is not in the spam.

Date: August 18, 2023 07:42PM

What do you mean "according to the site?" Your name and email are not anywhere in the database. The photo page can't play favorites - it sends the same validation email to everyone that registers.

Date: August 18, 2023 07:51PM

So Tom, What is the FaceBook site that yall are associated with? I can post pics on that.

Posted by: Douglas Roeber (---)
Date: August 18, 2023 09:25PM

I am registered. I don’t see any prompts.

Date: August 19, 2023 07:54AM

I have no idea, I don’t believe this site is associated with Facebook.

……..

Date: August 19, 2023 09:03AM

Douglas Roeber Wrote:
> I am registered. I don’t see any prompts.

You have posted on the photo page 15 times so it's obviously working for you.

Posted by: Aleks Maslov (Moderator)
Date: August 19, 2023 10:36PM

Doug,

If you are talking about the forum and not the photo page - download the app - you can post pretty easily from there.

Aleks

P.S. Here’s a photo from my camera roll for attention.

Posted by: Lance Schreckenbach (---)
Date: August 21, 2023 10:13AM

No email sent to me after registering on the photo page, but it looks like I can post pictures without it. Thanks. So exactly how do you post a picture? Sorry but I don't see how.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2023 10:22AM by Lance Schreckenbach.

Posted by: Chris Catignani (---)
Date: August 21, 2023 11:39AM

Lance...Once your able to login...you will see a menu option that says "Upload Photo".

Date: August 23, 2023 11:36PM

Dude, I think I finally figured it out! Thanks

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: Bruce Tewnion (---.177.181.107.wiredns.net)
Date: August 24, 2023 12:49AM

Lance Schreckenbach Wrote:
> Dude, I think I finally figured it out! Thanks
>
> [www.rodbuilding.org]
> p/photo/22194/title/fuji-pb-6-279-26quot-3b-trout-
> redfish-rod/cat/500

I was checking out your Fuji Redfish rod and thought it looked spiral wrapped and after reading the comment saw it was. Some nice work there and your others.

I just recently read about spiral/acid wrapping bait caster rods and think I'll strap a guide or two on my beloved 35 yo Kunnan to see how I like it.

Anything that will make hauling in pike after pike easier on my old arm will be welcome so it's worth a try.

I'm currently building a 10' 5wt, 2-piece. My first rod build in almost 40 years and my first grip ever.

Posted by: Norman Miller (Moderator)
Date: August 25, 2023 02:51PM

I don’t see the RodBuilding app listed in the Apple App Store. What happened to it?
Norm

Posted by: Michael Tarr (---)
Date: August 25, 2023 05:30PM

Posted by: Michael Tarr (---)
Date: August 25, 2023 05:40PM

Nevermind, I’m not sure if that works

Posted by: David Baylor (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: August 26, 2023 06:21AM

You may also find that if you upload a photo as required, that the photo won't show up, That's because there is a limit to the file size. Make the file smaller and the photo will post to the page. The photo page. Not here in the actual thread as the one Aleks posted.

As far as posting photos directly to show up in the thread without a link, I personally think it's a double edged sword. Yes it's great if you are going to post one, maybe two photos. But I belong to sites where people post 5, 6, sometimes as many as 10 pictures in one post of a thread. IMO that is just plain ridiculous. One or two pics showing in one post is fine, more than that, and well .......if it's not a thread dedicated to pictures, do us others a favor and just provide links.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster