I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Any Epson LW C410 and C610 experience?
Posted by: Patrick Coco (---)
Date: June 26, 2023 05:21PM

I'm in the market for a label maker and am trying to turn over all the rocks before jumping in. I had a great conversation earlier with Larry over at the LRT Group about the 2 Epson offerings he has, the Epson LW PX400 and PX800. I'm sure I'd be happy with either of those options.

While doing some additional research, I saw EPSON recently released the LW410 and LW610 labelmakers marketed for home use at significant cost difference.

The LW410 comes in at $59 and the LW610 is $99. They both appear capable of printing the labels I need for rods but I can't find any reviews on them from rodbuilders. I also couldn't find anyone comparing the LW 410 to the PX 400.

Does anyone have personal experience with these products?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any Epson LW C410 and C610 experience?
Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.44.66.72.res-cmts.leh.ptd.net)
Date: June 26, 2023 06:04PM

FWIW, no personal experience, but I'd bet Larry to be the safer option.

Posted by: Ron Fletcher (---)
Date: June 27, 2023 11:40PM

I had the k sun 270 and had a problem with it so I contacted Larry LTR group and he gave me the phone number for Epson. They replaced the unit with the PX800. It is a great unit along with the computer program. At the time Epson had a sell on the LW610 for $69. So I bought one. The LW610 operates from your smart phone App not as many options as the computer program. It is a nice unit for for names, numbers and I use it as a portable unit I can take anywhere around house, Boat etc.. I'm not sure if it will print the clear labels that I use in rod building. I haven't tried it yet. I have used the LW610 many times with the black and white tape only. You can call Epson or Larry and see if it work on the clear tapes that Larry LTR Group sells. If you buy one I would suggest the highest pixel count. I can tell the difference between the Ksun 270 and the PX800 , LW610.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2023 11:44PM by Ron Fletcher.

Posted by: Rick Handrick (165.189.255.---)
Date: June 28, 2023 03:30PM

I know the LW610 uses the same tape cartridges as the PX800, and has the same pixel count. I think the print options, fonts/images/etc are more limited due to the interface being App based rather than a standalone program. I've wondered the same as you, and have yet to pull the trigger on any label device. I do know that Larry Tobin at LRT is a super top shelf guy, he's highly regarded for sure!

Posted by: Patrick Coco (---)
Date: June 28, 2023 08:11PM

Rick Handrick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know the LW610 uses the same tape cartridges as
> the PX800, and has the same pixel count. I think
> the print options, fonts/images/etc are more
> limited due to the interface being App based
> rather than a standalone program. I've wondered
> the same as you, and have yet to pull the trigger
> on any label device. I do know that Larry Tobin
> at LRT is a super top shelf guy, he's highly
> regarded for sure!

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah so far the big limitation I'm seeing between the c610 and the px800 (and between the c410 and px400) is the interface limitations. Hard pill to swallow for more than triple the price but ultimately may be worth it.

And no doubt, if I order a product Larry sells, he will get my business.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster