I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Rod Geeks Rod Decals
Posted by: Jake Skulich (204.9.150.---)
Date: April 11, 2023 10:14AM

I ordered a few rod blanks from Rod Geeks and they came a few weeks ago. I pulled them out of the tube and inspected them to make sure they were ok and then put them back in the tube as I was working on some other builds. Yesterday I pulled out the C260LF that I am building for a crappie/small creek rod and it didn't have a decal with the rod specs. I checked the other 2 rods and they didn't either. I also checked the paperwork and they weren't there either. Does Rod Geeks not send decals for their rods, or were mine just left out? This isn't a big deal currently because I usually don't put them on my personal rods but if it was for someone else I would want to put the rod specs on there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rod Geeks Rod Decals
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 11, 2023 10:31AM

Shoot them an email and ask.

Posted by: Daryl Ferguson (107.119.41.---)
Date: April 11, 2023 10:49AM

I built one a couple of weeks ago and it didn’t come with one either. I just wrote the specs on it with a fine point nib pen.

Posted by: Rick Shaffer (69.77.100.---)
Date: April 11, 2023 01:33PM

Same happened with me...no RodGeeks rod decals....Called their customer service and visited with Deb......She was more than obliging in sending me the decals I needed...When you call the phone number on RodGeeks website you will get St. Croix Customer service...just ask for RodGeeks customer service and they will forward your call. Deb is extremely nice and cordial. RodGeeks were/are in the process of redesigning their decals which is the cause of the delay and/or missing decals the last few months.

Posted by: Evan Cobb (---)
Date: April 11, 2023 01:44PM

They usually do send decals with the rods.

I will say good luck getting in contact with them. I’ve sent quite a few emails, called St Croix (which no one answered the RodGeeks Dept so I left my number) and I have yet to receive any response or callback. On other forums it’s apparent that this is very typical of RodGeeks now. I just placed an order today so hopefully it doesn’t end up being a repeat of my last order experience with them.

I second what Daryl says though, I’d use a pen and write on it. Gives it more of a personal touch.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2023 01:46PM by Evan Cobb.

Posted by: Rick Handrick (165.189.65.---)
Date: April 11, 2023 04:21PM

I just picked up two carbon 4 blanks from Rod Geeks at the factory in Park Falls (I live 30 minutes away). The blanks did not come with decals. Not a concern for me, as I always get a Decal Connection custom decal anyways - I don't want a factory decal look. The blanks themselves are great - top notch quality.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 11, 2023 04:48PM

The thing about having a factory decal is that you can identify the blank (and so can they) if you should have return it for warranty coverage. I suspect they'll have some soon and if I were you I'd request one once they have some new ones in stock.

Posted by: Matt Ruggie (---)
Date: April 11, 2023 06:16PM

I heard over on the FB group that they were getting a new design made and that was their reasoning for no decals. IDK true or not just what I heard

Posted by: Jake Skulich (204.9.150.---)
Date: April 12, 2023 08:27AM

Thanks for the replies. Good information to know for the future if I build for a friend or something.

Posted by: Wallace coulter (---)
Date: April 13, 2023 08:56PM

New design. I received mine for a blank I bought a couple Months ago.
Give them a call they will send it to you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster