I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

NFC Slow Pitch Blanks?
Posted by: Martin Webster (---)
Date: February 22, 2023 03:53PM

Has anyone got any experience with the NFC SLJ series? I've used NFC blanks for most of my other builds and love them but the PE-Jig weight ratings on the Slow Pitch blanks dont seem to line up.

PE1 100-200g
PE2 200-300g
PE3 300g +
PE4 400g +

I've contacted NFC and Edge and they don't really have any more infor on top of what is available on the website.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFC Slow Pitch Blanks?
Posted by: Aleks Maslov (Moderator)
Date: February 22, 2023 09:15PM

Martin,

Take a look at the deflections on the NFC website -

The SLJ blanks are faster than the traditional "Slow Jig" and "Slow Pitch" rods (which are fairly parabolic)

This means that for a given PE rating, we can get away with working a heavier lure easier - that is why the lure range is expanded.

[northforkcomposites.com]

Let me know if you have any more questions,

Best,
Aleks

Posted by: Martin Webster (---)
Date: February 23, 2023 04:41AM

Hi Aleks,

Thanks for your reply. I've been looking at the deflection charts and that what I'm a little concerned about. I want something that has a good amount of lifting power but don't want to stray too far away from the traditional parabolic action that gives the jig its movement. Really difficult to go ahead with building a couple just to try them out.

Cheers, Marty

Posted by: Herb Ladenheim (---.68.237.4.hwccustomers.com)
Date: February 23, 2023 09:31AM

Martin,
Take a look at CTS Slowmotion:
[ctsfishing.com]

Herb
CTS Rep

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: February 23, 2023 01:56PM

I don't see how you can keep the traditional taper and lure rating and at the same time get more power, you have to change something to get something. We either trust a blank builder did their job and stayed within the requirements for a correct presentation, or we go back to the prior designs. Designs for every other species and presentation has evolved over time, I bet this one will too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster