I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Has NFC gone downhill?
Posted by: Marc Schwitters (---.sc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 15, 2022 12:09PM

Ive tried to stay a fan but blank quality is dropping lately and customer service is non existent. I was promised a Gary signed COA for one of their new blanks months ago… nothing. I guess the Shimano teet is still warm enough that we don't matter. The last blank I received a week or so ago looks like a broken finger off a melting snowman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has NFC gone downhill?
Posted by: Aleks Maslov (Moderator)
Date: December 15, 2022 01:30PM

Here is a reply from Gary, also sent to Marc's email.

-----------------------------------

Marc,

I received a copy of your post to the rodbuilding.org forum from my CEO, Aleks.

I find your note incredibly disrespectful.

There are folks in this world who would fault a man for selling his company to another, once they are given 18 months to live. There are also those who would also write that reference to Shimano that you wrote without realizing that they have sued me at least four times.

I was the person that inspected your blank, as the case with every single C602 blank that we are shipping. I would gladly build on it. I have your signed certificate, we don't ship it in the same tube as the blank, as we do not want the certificate to be bent during shipping.

You also mention that the last blank you received looks like a broken finger off a melting snowman, I would like for you to attach some pictures, online is fine, my eyes are not as good as they used to be - but I can still spine a blank, and evaluate it for a first rate rod build.

In light of the above, I have asked our office staff to send you a return label, and I would like to purchase the blank back from you at full retail price of $300. (Just think, you will make $150 over the span of 90 or so business days, and that is a fantastic return on your
investment)

In addition, I think it is best that you find another blank supplier, we are not a good fit.

Gary

----------------------------------------

Link to email:

[northforkcomposites.com]

Date: December 15, 2022 01:34PM

I would be happy to. I can also include a photo of the F 864-2 #507 that I still have in case you question my loyalty. Which you clearly have.

Date: December 15, 2022 01:39PM

Photos sent

Date: December 15, 2022 02:01PM

Here are the photos as sent by Marc.

Here is Gary's reply:

Date: December 15, 2022 02:09PM

Here are the pictures provided by Marc.

Gary's reply in text:

----------------------------

> Marc,
>
> I've looked at the pictures.
>
> The first blank is the C602, and it has a very slight curve, nearly 100% of my blanks will have this, and always have. A perfectly straight blank is an exception, and not the rule. I have spoke many times about this, and if casting, place your guides on the outside of the curve and if spinning, on the inside.
>
> The second blank is a picture of my patented ferrule, the swirls of carbon are re-enforcements that are there to prevent the ends from splitting, and to allow the blank to flex through the ferrule.
>
> I would also like to buy the fly blank back.
>
> Gary

-------------------------------

and

Date: December 15, 2022 02:24PM

Proof of everything I said. Thanks for posting. Feel free to share my other photos or the email string also.

Posted by: Matt Ruggie (---)
Date: December 15, 2022 02:35PM

I vote take this private and delete this thread.

Posted by: Mike Ballard (---.ip-54-39-107.net)
Date: December 15, 2022 02:38PM

Matt Ruggie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I vote take this private and delete this thread.

A year ago this sort of post would not have lasted an hour. Things change.

Date: December 15, 2022 02:43PM

Mike Ballard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Matt Ruggie Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I vote take this private and delete this
> thread.
>
>
> A year ago this sort of post would not have lasted
> an hour. Things change.
I took some time off rod building and all the fishing forums. But from what I remember you are correct.

Date: December 15, 2022 02:49PM

I would of gladly deleted this post, however, there is "no winning" in a post like this, as we are both the subject of the post and the owner of the forum.

If more folks weigh in on a removal, I am happy to do so.

Best,
Aleks

Date: December 15, 2022 02:50PM

As a follow up. I love that fly blank. Would never sell it even though I have sold and donated builds on that same blank in the past. Just clean up your shop guys. My specific order that you are so graciously wanting to refund me for was in early August.

Date: December 15, 2022 02:55PM

Marc,

Did you read Garys reply? There is nothing wrong with the fly blank, just as there is nothing wrong with the C6O2 blank (clearly seen from the picture)

Gary will not send you a certificate - he has made that clear. You will get a return label, and we will no longer do business.

The order that you put in August was quoted as a pre-order, and although I appreciate the note to clean up our shop - I don't think I saw a note of apology to Gary about how the "teet of Shimano is still warm"

Aleks

Date: December 15, 2022 03:05PM

My point is made. Delete if you want. Censorship isn't my hill to die on

Posted by: Ivan Hartavel (---)
Date: December 15, 2022 03:17PM

Post like this should be deleted. Especially after looking at the pictures I don’t see nothing wrong with a blank. I would love to buy that blank and post pictures after it’s built it so something amazing like it was intended to

Posted by: Michael Danek (---.alma.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: December 15, 2022 03:26PM

Marc is happy. Aleks and Gary are happy not to have to do business with an unhappy client. Sell the blank to Ivan and he'll be happy too.

Kudus to Aleks and Gary for taking an open, straight-forward, position and communicating it so well. Looks like all the facts in the dispute are very clear.

Date: December 15, 2022 06:38PM

Dear All,

I have taken some time to reflect on the above post.

"I guess the Shimano teet is still warm enough that we don't matter" Is a comment left by Marc above. It is a clear, disrespectful dig against Gary. It is undeserved.

Although Gary wont say anything, I am going to stick up for him.

I have suspended Marc's account pending an apology. He has Gary's email address.

I am going to leave the post up, as I believe when you accuse someone publicly - you deserve a public reply.

Best,
Aleks

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 15, 2022 07:15PM

Aleks, I agree!
Norm

Posted by: Gary Weber (173.241.113.---)
Date: December 15, 2022 07:45PM

On my screen, that "looks" like quite a bend in the blank. Too bad the picture was not taken along a straight edge for clarity.
Gary

Date: December 15, 2022 08:20PM

So hard to tell with just a pic. Looks like a pretty good bend from that angle tho

Pages: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Webmaster