I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

All American Roller Guides
Posted by: Jon Kistler (---.res-cmts.leh2.ptd.net)
Date: April 15, 2022 05:21PM

My ole fishin buddy would like me to make him a spiral wrapped rod with roller guides. A few days ago, I started looking for a set of All American guides. So far, I'm not having any luck finding them. I've gone through the vendor list on AA's website and if the phone lines weren't disconnected, I could only leave a message. Has anyone had recent contact with AA? Are they still in business? I let a phone message at AA on Thursday and sent an email today. It is a holiday weekend...maybe I just need to be more patient...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: All American Roller Guides
Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: April 15, 2022 06:04PM

Hello Jon.

This is the address from the net.

All American Roller Guides
+1-714-505-3177
360 E. 1st ST., #19
Tustin, CA 92780
Fax: +1-714-505-8920

Good Luck, you might want to try the "search" on this page but change the date to all dates.

Tigh Wraps & Tighter Lines.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2022 11:31AM by Robert A. Guist.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---)
Date: April 15, 2022 06:39PM

That is good information! However placing an adv for a non--sponsor, I believe is a no no.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 15, 2022 07:08PM

Hmmm, they use to be a sponsor.
Norm

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 15, 2022 07:21PM

Not since about 2010.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 15, 2022 07:33PM

I came to rodboard in 2015 and they were a sponsor when I first started and were around for a while after that.
Norm

Posted by: Michael Ward (---)
Date: April 15, 2022 07:57PM

Phil - I certainly wouldn’t consider someone asking for status/contact for a rod component supplier and then a other member helpfully responding to provide those details to be an “advertisement”…..

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 15, 2022 10:38PM

Norman Miller Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I came to rodboard in 2015 and they were a sponsor
> when I first started and were around for a while
> after that.
> Norm

I don't think so. My records don't show them on board since 2012.

Michael,

The rules don't prohibit anyone from mentioning a non-sponsor in answer to a question. But unsolicited advertisements or links to non-sponsors have not been allowed.

Posted by: Mark Talmo (---)
Date: April 16, 2022 12:49AM

Jon,
This is all news to me. Give me a little time and I will attempt to contact Steve and Laurie of All American Roller Guides to find out what’s going on. With the weekend upon us, it will have to wait until next week. I have built 2 spiral wrapped tuna sticks using their guides and thoroughly and absolutely LOVE THEM!!! A quality ( and certainly unique) product built right here in the USA by great, devoted people. News at 11:00.

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Posted by: Jon Kistler (---.res-cmts.leh2.ptd.net)
Date: April 16, 2022 05:07PM

Hey Mark,
Sent you an email
Jon

Posted by: David Sytsma (---.res.spectrum.com)
Date: April 16, 2022 08:37PM

Jon,

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I have a complete set of the All American Roller Guides that were used for approximately 20 minutes, and I'd like to sell them at a very reasonable price. I don't believe my email is hidden, but if it is, let me know on this forum if you are interested. They are in perfect condition.

Dave Sytsma

Posted by: Mark Talmo (---)
Date: April 16, 2022 09:22PM

To all,
All American Roller Guides is healthy and still conducting business. All of their product lines are still available including the world's only rollers designed for spiral-wrapping. 100% American made right here in Tustin, California. Great product, great people.

Mark Talmo
FISHING IS NOT AN ESCAPE FROM LIFE BUT RATHER A DEEPER IMMERSION INTO IT!!! BUILDING YOUR OWN SIMPLY ENHANCES THE EXPERIENCE.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster