I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

AllStar blank
Posted by: Sammy Mickel (---.43.187.173.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: March 03, 2022 10:36AM

Anyone know what a IGSH1322-2 was meant to be used as or the specs on it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: AllStar blank
Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: March 03, 2022 12:15PM

Hello Sammy.

I don't have all the specs but here is what I have.

I think I have 2 of them

INV#------ MFR--------------- Model ----------Lgth---------- Line--------Lure Weight----Butt -------Tip--- Action----Power-----Blk Wt
37 -------ALL STAR----- IGSH1322-2---9' 11-5/8" ------- N/L-------------N/L----------0.490------5.0-----N/L--------N/L----------N/L
INFO - # 2 PC.-------------------------119-5/8".

Hope this helps.

Tight Wraps & Tighter Lines.

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: March 03, 2022 02:03PM

An ultralight steelhead rod (noodle rod), 11 ft., 2 pc, 1/16 to 1/4 oz. lure weight, 2 to 8 lb. line recommendation, slow action, tip- 4.5, butt- 0.465, blank wt. 3 3/8 oz., originally in the $80 range to buy.

Posted by: Robert A. Guist (---.res6.spectrum.com)
Date: March 03, 2022 03:31PM

Hello All.

I just dug-out my two blanks and they are plainly labeled:

AllStar IGSH1322-2
I have just re--measured them and I admit they are not exactly 5.0 they are more like 4.75 and the butt is .490 on both also.

I'm pretty sure I bought them from MudHole at one of the ICRBE's.

I will check my records and see if I still have the receipt.

P.S. I checked my records, and yes I got them from MudHole, but they are marked as I say, if it is wrong then they goofed (which happens) the #'s still are what they are if the P/N is wrong I bought mis-labeled goods.

If anyone can clear this up a bit I would be thankful.

Tight Wraps & Tighter Lines.

Bob,

New Bern, NC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2022 04:39PM by Robert A. Guist.

Posted by: Steve Chontos (---.delta.com)
Date: March 04, 2022 12:38AM

Sammy (OP) should be able to settle it pretty quick by telling us the rod length?

Posted by: Spencer Phipps (---)
Date: March 04, 2022 10:58AM

Rod blanks can have minor measurement differences from what's published, and if they do a design change because they change materials, or they have a durability problem in customer's hands they will change things on the fly, they may have measured a profotype, than for some reason have to make a change. Now your info changes, but the job the blank was designed to do hasn't. I've had them superimpose info with the blank above, or below it also, they are only human.
Worrying about tip and butt diameter has little value except when it comes to some componentsl, it tells you nothing about rod power, or action. You can have two identical blanks in every way, one built with a large butt another without. They won't act the same while casting and the larger butted blank will be lighter, but if you hang a weight on them and compare curves at max load they will be identical. You can do the same with fiberglass vs carbon, vs bamboo, vs wood. They will all bend identically, but have completely different responses and weights. To get 6 mil e glass to bend like 33 mil carbon, you will need to increase the blank's diameter (stiffness).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster