I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Amazing how long we have been here at rodbuilding.org
Posted by: Mark D Schulte (---)
Date: March 12, 2021 05:11PM

I was looking for an answer to a question I had asked in the past and seen that I've been asking asking questions for 19 years. Everyone has been a huge help all along the way for sure. Thanks Tom for being the the mastermind behind this forum.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Amazing how long we have been here at rodbuilding.org
Posted by: Steven Libby (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 12, 2021 06:01PM

How long has rodbuilding.org been in service? I only discovered it in 2005 or thereabouts but I'm pretty sure it was around much longer before that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2021 06:03PM by Steven Libby.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 12, 2021 06:14PM

I think June 2002 was the launch date. Because of my "strict" rules on conduct and using first and last names, I was told it wouldn't last a year...

Posted by: Russell Brunt (---.lightspeed.miamfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 12, 2021 08:22PM

And yet Tom, that is exactly why it has been the success it has. I am quite sure you are aware of this. There is a certain degree of decorum and manners that we, as southern gentlemen, are expected to abide by. Why I am embarrassed to say you have shown me where I was lacking, I am happy to say you are a better man than me and have helped me to become a better man as well. That, of course is not the intent of this forum. Still, I think it important to tell you personally that you elevate the bar in matters other than rod building. It is a shame that the internet has grown into a place where so many can hide behind a moniker an act in atrocious ways. It is breathe of fresh air to see the altruism which you have fostered here bloom into what is such an invaluable resource to all that frequent this place. Thank you for all you have done for us and this field Sir.

Russ in Hollywood, FL.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 12, 2021 08:50PM

You're correct, but it's not to my credit other than simply providing the type of place where the better instincts that we all have within us can be front and center. The handful that can't muster it went elsewhere long ago. Out of about 12,000 registered users I've only banned 17 people over the past 19 or 20 years. Most people are civil and understanding. They just needed a place where somebody recognized that.

Posted by: Robert Ford (---)
Date: March 13, 2021 04:36PM

This has been the most amazing resource to me and I am grateful to you Tom and all the great members of this forum,some who have taken the time to email me and help me with whatever issues or questions I have had. I would not be as far along in this hobby were it not for this website.

Robert Ford

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 14, 2021 08:22AM

Tom Kirkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think June 2002 was the launch date.

June 12 2001, here's the first post [www.rodbuilding.org] If this link doesnt' work hit the "Last "button on the main page.
PS> I love that I made the 6th post on this board as Billy 40, lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2021 12:07PM by Billy Vivona.

Posted by: Mark D Schulte (---)
Date: March 14, 2021 11:01AM

Nice find Billy. That is pretty cool.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster