I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Longterm forum member
Posted by: Ladd Flock (---)
Date: December 18, 2020 09:32AM

On today's date, I joined this forum 16 years ago. I've checked in every single day - it's a reliable "touch point" in my life.

Thank you all for great insight, support, lively discussion, and sharing information. Especially Tom.

With appreciation, Ladd

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Longterm forum member
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 18, 2020 10:04AM

You made me check my profile, I joined up 2 days before you. Same deal, I check in every day, although I don't post nearly as much as I used to. Although my original sign up date was June 12, 2001 - the good old days when you could post with internet names instead of your real one. [www.rodbuilding.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2020 10:07AM by Billy Vivona.

Posted by: Grant Darby (172.92.68.---)
Date: December 18, 2020 11:13AM

16 for me as well. What's fun is to see those early posts. I recall several from a kid called himself Billy40!!!

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 18, 2020 01:24PM

Grant Darby Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 16 for me as well. What's fun is to see those
> early posts. I recall several from a kid called
> himself Billy40!!!

LOL!! I often search and look back on some of the posts I made. SOme of them were so far off base to what I do now. SOme were so far ahead of the times. lol. IT is cool to see just how far the Art has come - I tell teh guys at The NERBs Gatherings all the time how it was when I was starting out, and how lucky they are to have access to info the way they do now.

Posted by: Ron Schneider (---.mid.dyn.suddenlink.net)
Date: December 26, 2020 08:45AM

You guys got me thinking, my first post was early on this site, July13, 2001.

Best wishes,
Ron Schneider
Schneider's Rod Shop
Mountain Home, Arkansas
[www.schneidersrods.com]
mtnron40@yahoo.com
870-424-3381

Posted by: Danny Smith (---)
Date: December 27, 2020 11:20AM

A special thanks to you guys who have been here from the beginning. You obviously set the stage for the open learning format this page is known for today. I have rarely seen any negativity and have seen so much respect and encouragement from posters. Thanks for that!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster