I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Did Phenix Quite Selling Blanks for the Custom Rod Builder?
Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.socal.res.rr.com)
Date: August 04, 2020 04:57PM

I was just checking out Mudhole's available Phenix blanks for a drop shot rod and noted the listed blanks that were not is stock as "Not Available for Back Order". Has Phenix Rods stop making their blanks available for the custom rod builder?

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2020 04:58PM by Donald R Campbell.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Did Phenix Quite Selling Blanks for the Custom Rod Builder?
Posted by: Mel Shimizu (---.san.res.rr.com)
Date: August 04, 2020 05:33PM

Made in China would be my guess and not getting shipments.

Posted by: Mel Shimizu (---.san.res.rr.com)
Date: August 04, 2020 05:37PM

Made in China would be my guess and not getting shipments.

Posted by: Michael Sutheimer (---)
Date: August 04, 2020 08:37PM

You can order direct same price as most retailers. But as mentioned supply may be limited.

Posted by: Jared Taylor (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: August 05, 2020 12:09PM

Don, I don't know what is going on, but I will say that the receipt of the blanks has been super slow. I ordered one the first week of May and finally got it last week. It could be the whole virus thing, could be striking workers at the receiving docks, could be how backed up the delivery systems have been... I don't know. But now that I have this blank, I wish that I had ordered 3 of them. I got the Iron Feather 862. I've not built anything like it as far as an UL panfish rod goes.

Posted by: Jay Dubay (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: August 13, 2020 05:49AM

Buy USA Made Problem solved!! Why In the Heck people buy Chinese blanks blows my Mind. Support your own Country USA! The blank is the most important part of the rod, It's bad enough we have to buy China guides and seats, But it makes No sense to Support a country that gives us = diseases!! such as Covid, #2 most of their goods are pure Junk, #3 They steal and copy our own products and designs and reverse engineer them, And sell them back to us as Counterfeit Goods. I'll leave it at that. I won't even deal with Batson Rainshadow any more at all after they dropped their USA line-up of blanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2020 06:26AM by Jay Dubay.

Posted by: Geoff Staples (---.wavecable.com)
Date: August 17, 2020 12:56PM

Hi Jay. Batson does still carry a series of USA Made rod blanks. They're called The Judge series (crank bait and live bait.) Our blanks made overseas (in several countries, not just China) are designed here and made by high-quality manufacturers that we've had relationships with for 15+ years in certain cases. Also, the bulk of our guides and seats come from Taiwan not mainland China.
If a certain blank manufacturer can't produce BLANK QUALITY product (not just rod quality) we can't do business with them. Our quality standards apply to U.S. and foreign manufacturers alike. If we can source more blanks in the U.S. we will, and we continue to attempt to do so. Like in many other industries these days, the manufacturing base necessary to meet demand simply does not exist in the U.S. and hasn't for many years.

-The Batson TEAM
BatsonEnterprises.com

Posted by: Pablo Robles (107.72.178.---)
Date: September 01, 2020 12:50PM

We live in a globalized economy Jay. Whatever electronics you used to post here, was made in China. If not, many of it's components where. There are poor quality products made in China and there are also tons of great quality products made there.

We're decades away from when saying something that came from Taiwan or China was equivalent to say it was crap.

I am with you regarding supporting american companies. I try to do it as much as possible. Buying quality imported materials from american companies puts food in american tables too.

The main goal should be buying the best quality product for the money regardless of where it was converted from raw material to product.

I have yet to build on a Batson Fly blank, looking forward to it in the future.

Pablo Robles
Bejuco Flats Fly Co

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster