I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Guides
Posted by: Gregg Monbleau (---.dsl.sfldmi.ameritech.net)
Date: April 09, 2003 09:35AM

Up to this point I have been using Fuji alconites extensively for the rods that I am building. All of my rods are for fresh water fishing. I am building both casting and spinning rods. (yes I am addicted) I am thinking that I could save money, weight and get a different look for my rods if I tried other manufacturers guids. My question is who has guides comparable to the fuji alconite? Your responses are apreciated.

Gregg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Guides
Posted by: Ron Wood (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: April 09, 2003 10:55AM

Pacific Bay, Rainshadow/Forcast, American Tackle all manufacture guides that are the equivalent or better than Fuji Alconite. Many off the suppliers on the left stock their products. If you are looking for a different look, check out the Blue Zirconium guides. For a real distinctive look, try American Tackles new Holographic guides.

Posted by: Mike Barkley (136.181.195.---)
Date: April 09, 2003 01:04PM

Alconite is just Fuji's trademarked name for Zirconium rings. American Tackles has georgeous Blue, Silver, Gold and Holographic Zirconia ringed guides in several finishes and they also come in Fly type that can be used for the small guides in the concept system. I think that they beat Fuji Hands down. They are just now shipping so they might be a little scarce

Mike

Posted by: Mike Rury (---.com)
Date: April 09, 2003 02:48PM

What do you mean by the beat the Fuji's hands down? Pricing and appearance? Or are you talking performance as well?

Posted by: Joe Meehan (---.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: April 09, 2003 08:27PM

Hi Mike,

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We think our color options are a departure from the black and white world that was rod building in the recent past. We offer the rod builder many options in color price and performance.

For instance the Titanium Nitride/Zirconia guides with a Titanium Carbide depostioned frame coating will give you SIC performance for a lot less money. Our new high strength stainless frame (the highest guage SS for like styles in the industry), ground guide feet, ground ring ID's, and the finest coatings available leave little doubt that there are alternatives out there for those who want the best for less money in most cases than what they're paying for now.

Check us out at the link on the upper left.

Warmest Regards, Joe Meehan, American Tackle Co.

Posted by: Stan Wimberly (---.bayou.com)
Date: April 10, 2003 12:45AM

American Tackle for looks and wear.
If you want flashy, go American. I've seen the new ones and they are fantastic.
For conservetive color Pac Bay are the gray - black colors but are also as good.
I think FUJI is charging for their name.
Stan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster