I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Handle and blank suggestions for flippin stix
Posted by: Terry Fude (---.dhcp.fdul.wi.charter.com)
Date: April 16, 2016 10:22AM

i want to build a telescopic flippin stick, that is lighter than the old quantum i have, so looking for suggestions on what handle and blanks to get,

thank you for the help

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Handle and blank suggestions for flippin stix
Posted by: Michael Danek (---.mskg.mi.frontiernet.net)
Date: April 16, 2016 12:02PM

Look at the specials section of GetBitOutdoors.com, they have a nice 7 1/2 foot blank quite reasonable. (IFS764x_M/DG) I'm building one with a regular Fuji cast reel seat , and Winn grips. Winn's are lighter than cork and have great grip. My guide choices are Fuji RV stripper than 5mm Fuji KBAG (I think that is the designation, they are the K series belly guides). I've tried it with guides taped on and it seems to work fine. Make sure you put the 1st guide far enough out so it doesn't interfere with the telescoping action, and don't put the butt knob on until the tip is properly inserted. Obvious, but I almost screwed my build up.

Date: April 16, 2016 01:46PM

Do you know the difference between the IFS764x_M/DG and the FS764xG/B i can see 1 is dark green, the other is black but what is the "i" for? how long does the handle have to be? are you using the split grips

thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2016 02:53PM by Terry Fude.

Posted by: Buzz Butters (---.dhcp.fdul.wi.charter.com)
Date: April 17, 2016 06:44AM

Terry,
if you are in the Ripon WI area, and I think you might be, and want to save on shipping and parts cost email me and we can put a parts order in together if you decide to order through Mud Hole.
Buzz

Date: April 17, 2016 05:10PM

thanks, i will let you know when i finally decide on one

Date: April 17, 2016 09:02PM

I am using split grips. I put the handle just a little longer than my ordinary 9" from butt to reel seat. The blank I have is flat dark green, looks good with Winn burnt orange. I'm not sure that combining orders makes more sense than just ordering the blank from GBO for under $50.

Date: April 17, 2016 09:06PM

I'm using the 4.5 inch grip, not the 3.5.

Date: April 17, 2016 09:11PM

i saw those and also the one for $20, didnt know the difference, they have almost the same model number, except 1 is blk and 1 is the dk green, the green one has an "i" in the model number so i figure it must be a higher grade model. thank you for the ideas for the winn grip,

thanks
terry

Date: April 18, 2016 03:13PM

If you are talking about blanks from GetBit, call them and discuss them. They are very accessible and helpful.

Date: April 18, 2016 04:38PM

they said the IFS model is much lighter and has more feel which sounded good as i want it to be much lighter.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster