I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

decal sizing
Posted by: Adam Lathrop (141.197.12.---)
Date: April 05, 2016 03:12PM

What has everyone found works best to produce a consistent decal size for different diameter blanks? Is there a formula everyone uses or something?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: decal sizing
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 05, 2016 05:11PM

What type of decal? If text only, I size the text lines to fit the blank diameter, which can vary significantly.

If you are using graphics, it is a little more difficult unless you are making your own decals.

As I do only fly rods, my decals tend not to be very large, and they are text only.

Posted by: Frank McKinney (---.sub-70-196-13.myvzw.com)
Date: April 05, 2016 07:00PM

Adam look at Custom Labeling system the Pear 270 that is what I bought and it works good. You can size any decal to fit the blank.

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 06, 2016 10:19AM

X 2 on what Frank said. Call Larry Tobin he is absolutely terrific on that product and would be of great help

Posted by: Larry Tobin (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: April 06, 2016 10:53PM

Hi Adam,

With the PEARLabel printer, you can control the size if you text and any logo/graphics you imported in. Text from 1 pt to as large as the tape you have in the printer can go. Let me know and I can mail you samples of what this printer can do.

Larry Tobin
LRT Group, Inc.
www.lrtgroup.com
larry@lrtgroup.com
954-257-6224

Posted by: Adam Lathrop (141.197.12.---)
Date: April 07, 2016 08:25AM

THanks guys I've used decal connection in the past am not unhappy with the results I just noticed that when I apply my label the combination of text and graphic cause me to rotate the blank some to read everything. Might have to size it down but wasn't sure if there was a steadfast method of proper sizing.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: April 07, 2016 10:51AM

Adam,
Nothing wrong with scrolling the rod to read the inscription.

Often when I build ice rods of small diameter, the writing covers 360 degrees of the diameter of the rod blank.

Pretty common to have inscriptions cover 180 degrees of the blank, even on some of the larger blanks.

Be safe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster