I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: site question
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 26, 2016 06:08PM

Tom
I am not an ITT guy but how come I can get so many other sites up with not problems It only lasted a couple of hours Plus a day or so several times before
Now I am here and maybe tomorrow will not be able to get here ???

Bill - willierods.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 26, 2016 06:19PM

Those other sites are not on the same route to this one. How is it you can drive to one city in an hour, but another city no further away takes two hours? It's not the city's fault - but the route involved. And I don't control the route your ISP uses to get here.

Posted by: Michael Maclean (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 27, 2016 10:08AM

I access this site on my phone. Now I don't know if it would make a difference but when the site was only displaying the sticky pages I was on wifi. So I switched to my LTE through my cell phone carrier and refreshed the page and the same thing happened. I thought it was my browser so I fully exited out of the application. And retried it. Same thing happened. I decided to let it wait a couple hours. And the same thing happened. It didn't work till the next day. Idk if it was my fault, I am just trying to help incase it wasn't.

Date: March 27, 2016 11:29AM

It had to be something on your end as no portion of this site was removed at any time.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 27, 2016 11:44AM

it appears that a lot of people from different places had exactly the same problem at the same time. Hard to believe that it is a just mere coincidence. Just my thoughts.
Norm

Date: March 27, 2016 12:47PM

No it's not a coincidence. As I have tried to explain, apparently to no avail, is that at some point all routes converge. If each of you tried to drive to Los Angeles, and there was a highway 100miles outside of LA on the eastern side that was choked with traffic, at some point people from all those various places coming along that route would eventually all run into that same bottleneck, while others coming in from the north of town might get in fine. But neither case would indicate that LA had disappeared.

Note the postings made on the day in question - they came in all day, round the clock. If this site wasn't working then, how did so many others manage to post on it that day?

Same thing with page loading times. That's always on your end. The site is available, but how fast your ISP can load it onto your computer (that's right - your ISP delivers it to you, not me) depends on how long your ISP takes to route to and from this site and the limit of your internet connection speed.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Webmaster