I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
site question
Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2016 06:35AM

I hope its something wrong with my computer!

But I logged this mourning and the only thing that comes up are the 4 sticky posts. none of the other 1200 plus pages of posts shows up.
Is any one else having this problem?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: site question
Posted by: Steve Gardner (---.nc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 25, 2016 06:39AM

Its back, showed up right after I posted concern
but something strange still going on. took 3 different trys before the reply function loaded up

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 25, 2016 08:03AM

Most likely you're working through a slow connection. Everything on the site is working fine.

This forum/site is there all the time - it never goes away and doesn't have to "load," it's always loaded and running. But the route your computer uses to reach it changes often, depending on how your ISP is working on any given day. Various servers handle different amounts of traffic and ISP programs will route and reroute as needed. Some days some are a little slow while other days they're fast. And, some ISPs are much better at selecting routes than others. Also remember that your signal has to get to the server hosting this site, and then return to you.

Think of it like the Washington Monument in DC - it's there all the time, but how quickly you can get to it depends on the route you take to drive there.

Posted by: Norman Miller (---.lightspeed.jcsnms.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 25, 2016 09:54AM

Well it was slow everywhere then . Noticed this problem last eveming till I went to bed. Never happened before. Everything appears OK this morning.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 25, 2016 10:03AM

maybe the system needs to be cleaned

Bill - willierods.com

Date: March 25, 2016 10:07AM

Again, it's not anything having to do with this site. The site is the same all the time. Your connection through various ISP routes determines how quickly or slowly your computer is able to load the forum. This site doesn't access your computer - your computer, via your ISP, accesses this site.

Date: March 25, 2016 10:19AM

I meant his computer system needs cleaning

Bill - willierods.com

Date: March 25, 2016 10:34AM

Same problem on three different devices. No problem getting to the site, but the forum site had no content, only the sticky posts. Was able to go to library etc, the sponsor links worked, but no posts. Steve and I experienced the same problem. Strange.

Date: March 25, 2016 10:52AM

Not strange at all. At some point, your ISPs had to be on the same route to reach this forum.

Again, portions of the forum can't simply disappear. It's always here, always on. Slow response, slow load, etc., are the result of the route your ISP takes to get here.

Posted by: Michael Blomme (---.direcway.com)
Date: March 25, 2016 11:30AM

Steve, I had the same problem late Last night, but everything is fine this morning. I think Tom is correct.

Mike Blomme

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: March 25, 2016 12:08PM

X10 on Michael's comment. I signed on late last night and had exactly the same issue. The forum listing came on with about 3-4 lines of information, and it was not possible to advance to a different listing. I gave up and signed off.
When I signed on this morning, everything was fine.

So, clearly something was going on somewhere and it had an effect on the appearance of the forum.

But, whatever that was - is now gone- and things are fine.

Be safe

Date: March 25, 2016 12:30PM

There was a server failure somewhere in the upper midwest U.S. about a week ago and this site was not available for most users in the U.S., however the site itself was online the entire time and was functioning normally.

It's all about the route your ISP takes to reach and return from the site.

Date: March 26, 2016 09:00AM

Well it happened to me yesterday Could not get on Must be sun spots LOL

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.direcway.com)
Date: March 26, 2016 10:16AM

Yep, I was in the same boat as the other guys. I even put up a post and when it came back up there was nothing there.

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.direcway.com)
Date: March 26, 2016 10:40AM

am just glad that all is well and this are accessing as normal!!

Posted by: Michael Maclean (---.knology.net)
Date: March 26, 2016 11:20AM

Yeah, that same thing happened to me.

Date: March 26, 2016 11:33AM

I also could access the site, all I got was site is unavailable. Two nights in a row.

Date: March 26, 2016 03:35PM

That's because you hit a dead end server, not because the site had disappeared. Where would it go?

Date: March 26, 2016 03:46PM

happened to me just about two hours ago
I opened my favorite list and loaded at least a dozen sites and they all came up well
darn sun spots

Bill - willierods.com

Date: March 26, 2016 04:45PM

And I was on this site two hours ago andit was in the same place it aways is. There is nothing wrong with this site. if you are unable to access it, call your ISP - it's their issue.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Webmaster