I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: fly rod shortening
Posted by: Robert Kelsey (---.lightspeed.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 21, 2016 10:02PM

Actually Herb I bid on the rod and really had no plan as what I was going to do with it. I knew it was lite for a spey rod. I just decided to bid on it and I was sure I would get it and I did. I thought I could one hand it but the rod would tire me out fairly soon. Live and learn. Maybe the best thing to do is to sell it and get a blank 9/10 ft.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 21, 2016 10:50PM

here is a crazy idea
Tell us what you are looking for
What fish you are going after
What line you would like to use
Then you can get an idea of what to look for on THAT site
Hold onto that blank and maybe you will find some one looking for it and you can sell it for better money

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Bill Sidney (---.gci.net)
Date: March 21, 2016 11:04PM

put it up for sale some will take it an try it out an get the correct rod for your job ., or donate it for some cause your choice

William Sidney
AK

Posted by: sam fox (108.59.99.---)
Date: March 22, 2016 09:32AM

If you extend a multi piece rod then you have a butt section that is too long. This can be solved by building it like a bass flipping stick with the butt section telescoping into the next section.

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: March 22, 2016 12:59PM

If you are unsure of what length rod you want you could cut the blank into four 3' sections, slide each smaller section inside the next larger section like a telescoping bass rod,, and put a guide on the small end of each section. When you go fishing just pull out as many sections as you want. I have seen people fishing with rods like this and they said they love them.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 22, 2016 07:20PM

Phil, if you put a guide on "the small end of each section" you CANNOT slide them inside each other!

Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: March 25, 2016 03:00PM

Phil: Try it.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster