I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Help us add some thread colors!!
Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: March 14, 2016 10:31AM

We are currently considering adding some colors to the Fuji ULTRA POLY™ line of thread. Suggestions welcome.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help us add some thread colors!!
Posted by: Capt. Michael Harmon (107.77.70.---)
Date: March 14, 2016 10:46AM

Robin's egg. To match the boat hull color.

Posted by: John E Powell (---.dynamic.wnyric.org)
Date: March 14, 2016 10:55AM

Comments deleted

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2016 04:50PM by John E Powell.

Posted by: Bryan Yates (---.townes.net)
Date: March 14, 2016 11:45AM

X2 on the robin's egg, and a rich gold color......something that would compliment gold metallic.

Posted by: Michael Blomme (---.direcway.com)
Date: March 14, 2016 11:49AM

Jim I would love to see you add some classic color twist thread colors. These include" Red/Black, Green/Black, Orange (rust)/Black, Red/Green (dark forest green). We lost these when Gudbrod went out of business. I would like these in size A. Thanks,

Michael Blomme

Posted by: billy brodrick (---.cmts.sth3.ptd.net)
Date: March 14, 2016 11:53AM

what mr Blomme said is so true. color twist thread that holds together like the old gudebrod just cannot be had.

Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: March 14, 2016 12:52PM

John: when you say "consistent variation in saturation" I assume you are talking about colors that are the same tone but lighter and/or darker on "either side" of an existing color?? Less "saturation" will tend toward gray-ish. I'm guessing you're referring to the way "shade packs" go together, right?

Posted by: Lindsay PELLETIER (---.236.147.77.rev.sfr.net)
Date: March 14, 2016 01:29PM

Hello,

Not really about the initial post, but a size B thread (more exactly a thread who size the same diameter than competitor size A nylon) will be a great news.
Because Fuji size A is way too thin, and D too heavy for light/medium rod.

Thank you.

Posted by: Mud Hole Custom Tackle (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: March 14, 2016 01:52PM

Michael & Billy - not to hijack this thread, but Prowrap offers the classic twist threads we think you are looking for, they call them Tiger Threads, two nylon threads twisted together - we have used them and compared them to Gudebrod and see no noticeable difference in look, size or usage.

Follow the link below:
[www.mudhole.com]

They also have a metallic/nylon thread twist if that is what you are looking for:
[www.mudhole.com]

Regards.
Team Mud Hole Custom Tackle
Web: [www.mudhole.com]
Email: sales@mudhole.com
Toll Free Phone #: 1-866-790-RODS (7637)

Stay Connected with us:
FaceBook: [www.facebook.com]
YouTube: [www.youtube.com]
Instagram: [www.instagram.com]
Tik Tok: Tik Tok: [www.tiktok.com]
Twitter: @mudholetackle

Posted by: John E Powell (---.dynamic.wnyric.org)
Date: March 14, 2016 02:31PM

Comments deleted

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2016 04:49PM by John E Powell.

Posted by: Brian Babcock (---.vf.shawcable.net)
Date: March 14, 2016 04:36PM

Hi Jim
Thrilled to hear that you're adding colors. I love this thread! My wish list would include a couple shades of "olive green", a really dark blue, and a really dark green.

Posted by: Donald La Mar (---.kya.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2016 04:51PM

I'll second John P's suggestion; it's basic color theory. And for those of us challenged to get two socks of the same color on each morning it would be a value add.

With regard to the Ultra Poly thread size, the current size is growing on me. I like it.

Posted by: Capt. Michael Harmon (107.77.70.---)
Date: March 14, 2016 04:59PM

X2 on twist thread. The fuji metallic copper and silver would be great. Love the copper on black with silver trim and inlay.

Posted by: Jay Dubay (---.try.wideopenwest.com)
Date: March 14, 2016 07:34PM

Jim Ising Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We are currently considering adding some colors to
> the Fuji ULTRA POLY™ line of thread. Suggestions
> welcome.

I have tried Fuji thread it in the past it's not the best nor the worst, I however I will not be using it anymore due to Fuji's pricing on this product, It's Crazy!! It's middle of the road thread! Plain and Simple, You might want to take that to the board table and get that corrected before adding more colors. Just my 2cents <*{{{< Jaa

Posted by: Jerry Poindexter (---.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2016 07:58PM

Jay, you must be referring to their metallic poly, which I haven't tried. I do like their ultra poly and NOCP poly, alot. I've yet to find another NOCP white that is equal to theirs.

Posted by: Michael Blomme (---.direcway.com)
Date: March 14, 2016 08:12PM

I have looked at the tiger threads, but the one tiger that I like is the rust/black thread. The other colors I don't care for. The other two color thread is similar or a copy of the trimmer thread from Gudbrod. It consists of a metallic "fiber" and another color. For those who like to use metallic thread, it is a good choice.

Mike Blomme

Posted by: Andrew kelly (---.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 15, 2016 12:36AM

I build a lot of fly rods and for those, I'm always trying to find a good green. Nearly all greens turn too dark without using CP, if you're after a true green with the translucent look, the one option I've found is Clover Silk Light Kelly #146, huge thanks if you could make that color in you thread. Would also be great to have a red-orange, none that I know of out there.

Posted by: Lou Auret (204.16.161.---)
Date: March 15, 2016 08:03AM

A white silk like thread that goes completely transparent with some perma gloss on it. Plus stays that way after use, some get a funky brown and i know its not from the PG and color preserver make the transparent thing not work as well.

Posted by: Ladd Flock (128.36.9.---)
Date: March 15, 2016 09:17AM

An Ultra Poly color wheel is the way to go - it's what I would expect from Fuji. Here's an example from our photo page :

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: Drew Longnecker (184.21.148.---)
Date: March 15, 2016 10:57AM

I agree with adding the a color twist series. On the quality of Fuji thread, I've used most other threads ( not including prowrap). For me I found Fuji to be the best I've used.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster