I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Any builders in Georgia here?
Posted by: John Schulze (---.honeywell.com)
Date: March 14, 2016 08:46AM

Are there any builders in Georgia out there?

I am up here in Gwinnett county and would like to see if there is any interest in doing a informal group.

Thanks
John Schulze

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any builders in Georgia here?
Posted by: Buzz Butters (---.dhcp.fdul.wi.charter.com)
Date: March 14, 2016 09:40AM

Hey John,
Not sure where Gwinnett County is but we are in Atlanta this weekend for the Mud Hole 2 day rod building class. If you want us to make an announcement at the class for you about starting a group email me and we can help you out. Our students are from several states and all over GA.
Buzz Butters
Mud Hole Instructional Staff

Posted by: doug raff (---.lightspeed.tukrga.sbcglobal.net)
Date: March 14, 2016 03:26PM

I just build for myself but do live in Georgia on Lake Oconee (Eatonton)

Posted by: corky fleming (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: March 14, 2016 07:01PM

I am in Savannah Georgia and would like to do an informal group.

Corky
Corky's Custom Rods
Savannah, Georgia

Posted by: lewis morgan (---.dhcp.gwnt.ga.charter.com)
Date: March 15, 2016 11:32AM

John

I live in Cedartown Georgia and have been building rods since 1974. Todd; Curt; and the other guys who are doing the Rod Building class for Mud Hole are great friends of mine. These guys do a great job and have a great knowledge on rod building, Todd Vivian is one of the best blank designers in the business. Curt Baker is one of the best creating ideas with thread, marbelig,weaving and etc. It's great to call these guys friends and have learned so many things by working with them for years I think they will be in Atlanta soon to do their class.

Custom Rods by Fuzz
Cedartown Ga.
" KEEP THE RODS TURNING AND THE FEATHERS FLYING"

Posted by: Steve Chontos (---.delta.com)
Date: March 17, 2016 12:49AM

I am in Tyrone, Ga. Build some rods for customers but mostly for myself and friends. I do repairs for anybody. I'm pretty busy, I work midnite shift and got a lot of things going on all the time (3D archery tournaments across the U.S.A., kayak fishing, full time job, full time dad, husband, you get my drift). Would do a group thing if I can pull it off.

Posted by: Steve Chontos (---.delta.com)
Date: March 17, 2016 12:49AM

I am in Tyrone, Ga. Build some rods for customers but mostly for myself and friends. I do repairs for anybody. I'm pretty busy, I work midnite shift and got a lot of things going on all the time (3D archery tournaments across the U.S.A., kayak fishing, full time job, full time dad, husband, you get my drift). Would do a group thing if I can pull it off.

Posted by: John Schulze (107.77.90.---)
Date: March 17, 2016 02:01PM

Thanks guys.

I have started a Facebook group as a start.
It is called Georgia Rod Builders

I started building rods 2 years ago after taking a mudhole class in Savannah.

Posted by: Bert Nagy (---.dhcp.sghl.ga.charter.com)
Date: March 17, 2016 04:42PM

Hi John, I am in Gainesville and have been building rods off and on since 2007.

I would be glad to participate with everyone

Bert Nagy

Posted by: Steve Broadwell (---.93.96.50.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: March 19, 2016 10:56AM

Hey, I might like to participate, too. I've been building about 15 years, always in my spare time. Sold a bit over 1,000 rods over the past few years. My regular job has gotten a lot more challenging the past few years, plus it was getting to the point where I had no time to do any fishing myself, so I've backed off a bit lately. Still do the occasional rod for an old customer, or a friend, but not doing much else these days.

I do intend to retire in 4 years, and then will have a lot more time to spend on it. I'm in Jefferson, GA

Posted by: Steve Broadwell (---.93.96.50.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: March 19, 2016 10:59AM

I couldn't find Georgia Rod Builders on FB

Posted by: John Schulze (---.honeywell.com)
Date: March 21, 2016 08:30AM

I will past the link when I get home tonight. My phone is not cooperating.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.4.91.75.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: March 27, 2016 11:24AM

I am in the Savannah area myself.

Posted by: Mark Redden (---.lightspeed.jcvlfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 05, 2016 09:47AM

Not really a builder. Just a bamboo restorer (beginner). Nevertheless, I could learn a lot from you guys.

I live in Albany, Georgia and am a bit isolated from most of you. While I could not attend regular classes or meetings, I would be interested in attending occasional events.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster