I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Noodle ice Blank
Posted by: Marie Simmer (107.77.89.---)
Date: March 05, 2016 02:41PM

Wondering if anyone knows where to purchase a 32" noodle ice blank with a different color tip. I have been searching for a couple hours and can't find what I am looking for. Also looking for a snow camo handle kit. Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Noodle ice Blank
Posted by: Michael Maclean (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 05, 2016 03:22PM

Not sure about the snow camo but what about this blank? [www.mudhole.com]

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: March 05, 2016 05:18PM

For a noodle blank, I would go with a solid fiberglass blank. Much easier to get get a noodle but tough tip on the rod with glass compared to graphite or carbon.

Also, no need to have a different colored tip if it doesn't come that way. Just put an inch or an inch and 1/2 of neon orange or pink thread. Use NCP neon thread, so that the color maintains its brightness.

[www.amazon.com]

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: March 05, 2016 05:18PM

For a noodle blank, I would go with a solid fiberglass blank. Much easier to get get a noodle but tough tip on the rod with glass compared to graphite or carbon.

Also, no need to have a different colored tip if it doesn't come that way. Just put an inch or an inch and 1/2 of neon orange or pink thread. Use NCP neon thread, so that the color maintains its brightness.

[www.amazon.com]

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: Michael Maclean (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 05, 2016 05:25PM

Sorry, I live in Florida and don't do much ice fishing LOL, I didn't notice there was a difference, I'm just trying to help a fellow rod builder out.

Posted by: Sid Thao (---.wi.res.rr.com)
Date: March 05, 2016 10:18PM

Dhcustomrods.com

Nice affordable noodle blanks.

Posted by: Victor Heal (107.77.161.---)
Date: March 06, 2016 09:32AM

31" microlite from Janns Netcraft. Hands down the best noodle blank I've ever built on. I've built a lot of them through the years and they are always very popular. Scuff the blank tip and paint it any color you want. As far as the snow Camo handle, scuff a body pipe reel seat and marble it with a white background and brown, grey and a little black. I'll try and track down a picture of one I built a few years ago.

Posted by: Randy Kruger (---.cbpu.com)
Date: March 06, 2016 09:28PM

I agree with Vic, we have both been building on them for quite a while. Here in Southern Michigan, they have became extremely popular. The Microlite 31 inch blank has an orange tip section, and 2/64 tip tops are also available from Janns. If you want a longer blank, build onto the end section with a short section of graphite arrow shaft, or an old section of a rod blank. They are a solid Graphite/fiberglass composite blank, and are tough, light and sensitive. No need to sand them either.

Posted by: Mike Rodman (---.glt-wy.client.bresnan.net)
Date: March 07, 2016 09:07AM

Michael Maclean Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not sure about the snow camo but what about this
> blank?
> [www.mudhole.com]-
> MHX

I've built on this blank and the tip is pretty fast, then it stiffens up more than what you would really want in a noodle. A great blank and the guys who have it really enjoy it.

Posted by: Mike Dimino (---.nwrknj.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 07, 2016 07:51PM

I have been using the MHX line of ice blanks and have been very happy. I am pretty sure they make a power noodle model. Similar to the Famous Thorne Bros blanks. They also have the green tip.

Posted by: Marie Simmer (107.77.111.---)
Date: March 07, 2016 10:33PM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I will be trying the Jann's for sure....I have one someone gave me that I'm pretty sure is DH. I love that one....but I broke it. So, I'll try theirs also.

Posted by: Mat Peirce (72.50.244.---)
Date: March 08, 2016 10:40AM

Thorne Bros. sells their power noodle blank for $30 something
Sportsmens direct has several fiberglass blanks that can be sanded to a custom noodle action - the extreme taper glass blanks are very nice for this. The IHS blanks they have in L and UL make a great foundation for a noodle blank out of the box. The IHS ML blank has a ton of backbone and makes a great bullwhip style rod when sanded a bit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster