I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Libery Blanks
Posted by: Will Cooper (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2016 03:56PM

So i have a few trips under my belt with my new 7' rod using the Liberty P703-USA blank. I have to say I am very impressed with the strength, weight, and how straight this blank is. Couple those aspects with the price, made in the USA, and a lifetime warranty.. I can see many more builds with these in the future.

I have used it on the CT river and lakes chasing Walleye, Pike, and Bass tossing topwater, plastics and jigs. No complaints yet.

Cant get over how light this setup is in my hand. Total weight with fully spooled reel is about 10oz. Could cast it all day.

[i247.photobucket.com]

[i247.photobucket.com]

[i247.photobucket.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Libery Blanks
Posted by: Casey Burden1 (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: February 25, 2016 07:59PM

Will, that's a good looking rod. What size guides did you use?

Posted by: Will Cooper (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2016 08:30PM

For guides i went with the Fuji KR Concept series with alconite rings. In this order KL-16H,KL-8H,KL-5.5M, KB- 4.5J, KT-4.5J to the tip. Got them GetBit as well.

Posted by: Jared Taylor (---.hsd1.in.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2016 09:30PM

Will, I've had similar experiences with the Liberty blanks, I've built quite a few of the Dropshot/panfish series and absolutely love them. Also built a MB732.5XF for my father in law and he loves it (although I would say it's more medium than ML power). As a matter of fact, he got his hands on a DS700 that I built for his fishing buddy just this evening and now I have to build one for him too. I'm glad to hear the popping style blanks are sweet as well.

Posted by: Jay Burns (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2016 07:57AM

How bout their flipping blanks, anyone with experience using these?

Posted by: Get Bit Outdoors.Com (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: February 26, 2016 09:16AM

Thank you for the great feedback! Glad to hear that word is spreading about the Liberty blanks. We priced them to be the most affordable blank made in the USA!! That being said it doesn't leave room for spending a bunch of money to advertise them. We are relying on word of mouth and the performance of the product to grow the brand rather than expensive adds that would cause us to have to raise the price.

Thank you for helping spread the word and supporting Liberty rod blanks. Please fire away with feedback, we are always looking at additional models to add to the line up.

Jay, the flipping blanks have been a huge hit. Between them and the P704 they probably our most popular blanks. There is a particular Bass Pro who buys 20 FS804 and 20 P704 at a shot a few times a year. I can't mention his name because he is sponsored by a production company and has to fish them as 'proto types' to keep his sponsorship with them. But I can say he has been a top Elite Angler for many years and most would recognize his name very quickly. He fell in love with the P704 as a drop shot and all around spinner. He uses the FS804 as his flipping stick and cuts it to various lengths for certain baits.

The FS806 has been a big hit with guys flipping heavy cover/slop/ and punching mats. Please call any time, I'm happy to explain the actions etc... we love sharing info about these blanks.

Tight Lines and Bull's-eyes,

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com
www.facebook.com/GetBitOutdoors

Posted by: Will Cooper (---.parexel.com)
Date: February 26, 2016 10:21AM

That P704 looks like a great all around blank. My next build may be on that bad boy.

Date: February 26, 2016 10:38AM

Sounds great Will, we have them here for ya when you're ready.

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com

Posted by: Jared Taylor (107.77.89.---)
Date: February 26, 2016 10:45AM

Kevin, I'll be ordering at least 3 DS series blanks (two 7 footers and a 5'6") come first of the week. Might be more still have 3 days of this show. Thanks for a great product.

Date: February 26, 2016 11:06AM

That's awesome Jared, Thank you! Glad to hear the show is going well, knock'm dead!!

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com

Posted by: David Miller (---.sub-70-193-58.myvzw.com)
Date: February 26, 2016 03:00PM

I picked up a white p703 at the expo and it is certainly a quality USA blank for the price. Going to make this my Miller Lite rod for speckled trout,bass and puppy drum. Sounds like I am going to have to order a p704 in the near future.

Date: February 26, 2016 03:37PM

Thank you for stopping by the booth at the show David, enjoy the 703!!

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster