I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Looking for Matagi parts
Posted by: Ben Krakow (---.dhcp.mdsn.wi.charter.com)
Date: February 19, 2016 02:03PM

[www.rodbuilding.org]

I don't know if that image worked or not. If not, can anyone tell me how to attach images to my post???

Anyways, I'm looking for all 3 parts in the image for some builds I'm working on. I have the Fuji PTS reel seats, I just need the carbon tube and trim rings for the hidden fore grip. I tried calling Johnnys pond, but no response, so I'm not sure they are open anymore or not?

Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get these ordered? I prefer not to have to order over sea.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Looking for Matagi parts
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 19, 2016 03:19PM

Since you are trying to match Fuji reel seats I would suggest looking at Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
Email and I am sure Jim should be able to help
Also try a Search many posts on Matagi parts and where to get them

Bill - willierods.com

Date: February 19, 2016 03:43PM

I did try searching. Johnnys pond and merrick tackle were all I found. I'm not sure what you mean about trying to match Fuji? I attached an image which is directly from the Matagi catalog, of the exact parts I need. They are for the Fuji PTS reel seat, and Matagi supplies parts for them. I'm trying to find a us vendor that stocks these, or even domestic parts that I can interchange with what's pictured.

Thanks, I hope this clears up any confusion.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 19, 2016 04:10PM

Give it a little time Some one will come up with where you will be able to find your parts Posts have been here I just don't know who sent them I am sure they will see this
This may help you
[rodbuilding.org]

Bill - willierods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2016 04:12PM by bill boettcher.

Posted by: Chuck McIntyre (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: February 19, 2016 05:04PM

First,Tom Kirkman,the owner of this site does not wish folks to post pictures in the discussion threads. It takes up a great deal of bandwidth.That is why there is a seperate area for posting pictures.

To answer your question,many order their stuff directly from Matagi. Billy Vivona stocks some Matagi stuff. He would be happy to order what you need if he doesn't have it in stock. You can find him on Facebook.

Posted by: Mark Blabaum (199.193.96.---)
Date: February 20, 2016 06:24AM

Another that stocks some Matagi would be Lance at Swampland Tackle.

Date: February 20, 2016 10:51AM

I understand that we can't post pics on this board. I have uploaded the pic on the host site, I was unsure if any other member can see them by clicking the link, or if only I can? Can anyone see the image I linked? If not, how can I link the image from the host site?

Thanks

Date: February 20, 2016 11:01AM

I checked swampland and NERB's website, only reel seats from Matagi. Doesnt anyone in the US stock a large selection of Matagi components? I was hoping to get a quick order in for the parts I needed. I can order from Matagi, directly, does anyone know How long is the turnaround from them?

Posted by: Alistair Mangion (---.access.maltanet.net)
Date: February 20, 2016 11:48AM

Mamoru (the guy behind Matagi) is very helpful and responsive. Ask him whatever you need and he will guide you. Shipments are usually very prompt and reliable. Use this email: customersv@matagi.co.jp

Date: February 20, 2016 12:47PM

Perfect, thanks for the email address, I'll get ahold of him now.

Thanks again

Posted by: Cheng Moua (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: February 22, 2016 01:22AM

Email me @ lccrods@gmail.com and I can get you some Matagi parts. I order frequently.
I have some items in stock but most everything has to be special ordered.

Posted by: Adam Lathrop (141.197.12.---)
Date: February 25, 2016 07:19AM

I saw on a facebook page that Casey with Voodoo rods is now a stateside retailer of matagi and he had some pics of a huge pile of matagi parts. Not sure if he has everything that matagi sells but good lord it looked like it.

Posted by: Jim Ising (---.dyn.centurytel.net)
Date: February 25, 2016 12:58PM

email info@anglersresource and we will send information on our new line of Hardware.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster