I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Dallas\Ft. Worth TX.
Posted by: Judd Stanislawski (64.213.222.---)
Date: March 23, 2003 09:15AM

I am going to be in Fortworth this week and was wondering if there were any rod building shops around there with supplies and such.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dallas\Ft. Worth TX.
Posted by: Aaron Hemphill (---.dialup.shv.shreve.net)
Date: March 23, 2003 01:24PM

Try Barlow's in the Dallas area.

Posted by: Mary Lou Van deRiet (---.mesh.net)
Date: March 23, 2003 04:32PM

Hi Judd.....
Just a note, to let you know, I am not aware of any shop in Ft.Worth, that carries, rod building supplies.
I live in Weatherford, Texas, which is about 40 miles west of Ft.Worth, so I buy some of my supplies from, Cross Plains, Texas, and CUI, in Oklahoma.

MaryLou
Cross Timbers Custom Rods
Weatherford, Texas

Posted by: John Tebbetts (---.ght.iadfw.net)
Date: March 23, 2003 08:02PM

Judd-
I am in Dallas. Barlows has a very limited number of rodbuilding supplies, mostly just the basics. You're probably much better ordering from one of the sponsors listed on this board, because you'll be supporting businesses that are much more knowledgeable and likely to help you when you need help.
John Tebbetts

Posted by: Larry Thomas (4.40.159.---)
Date: March 24, 2003 09:02AM

I live here, and this a great frustration. Barlow's as described has limited, stuff, but it is usually in the storage area so you can't touch and feel. Academey stores have limit stuff as well on display.

Posted by: Sharon Johnson (216.201.163.---)
Date: March 24, 2003 10:38AM

Judd,
You might consider coming to Houston for the weekend so you can attend the Rodbuilding gathering here at All Star. There will certainly be alot of things to see and touch here.
Sharon Johnson
All Star

Posted by: Jim Kirby (---.94.41.69.pm3-8.koyote.net)
Date: March 25, 2003 02:39AM

You might consider taking Sharon up on her offer. Your time will certainly be better spent.

The last good components supplier in the Dallas area (Gene Bullard) went out of business in 1987. I've ordered all of my parts by mail since then.

Posted by: Jonathan Zambrano (---.kc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 11, 2020 03:21PM

I know this thread is old but it seems to me that all information is still relevant! I live in the DFW area and there is NO place local for supplies!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster