I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

RS BP1264f guide count, size and placement recomendations
Posted by: James Rogers (---.beyondbb.com)
Date: August 15, 2015 12:19AM

I am a newby building my first two builds. I am building light surf/jetty rods for fishing texas coast for specs, flounder, reds and smacks with an occasional sheephead or jack thrown in the mix. I fish jigs, spoons, gotcha's, and live bait ( cork and shrimp or mud minnows on bottom). I am going to build both a spinning and casting set up. I am using Abu 6500 and a Daiwa ss tounament 1300 using 15lb braid with flouro leader. I have ordered 2 rainshadow BP1264F RX4 blanks ( 10'6" 2 piece 10-20lb line 1/2 to 2 lure 0.575 butt 5.5 tip Mod action Med power). I plan on using a cork composite wrap and fugi plate reel seats wrapped onto the cork handles. I am in the dark on what length to make the rear and forward grip or what is a good distance from butt to mount reels, I am thinking that I need to wrap the handle long enough for me to use the set up and move the reel seet to my liking. Also what are the recomendations on guide count, size and placement recomendations for the spinning rod I have found recipes for casting rods built on this blank but not for spinning. I chose this blank for the distance casting and reach did I choose correctly?

Thank you
James

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RS BP1264f guide count, size and placement recomendations
Posted by: Jerry Poindexter (---.tx.res.rr.com)
Date: August 15, 2015 10:15AM

Maybe use this as a start...
[guidespacing.com]

Date: August 15, 2015 10:45AM

That is the plans that I have printed for the casting build but i am looking for plans for spinning.

Date: August 15, 2015 11:32AM

OK, then this should give you give you a basic idea
[guidespacing.com]

Date: August 15, 2015 12:54PM

Thanks alot I did not find that one. That will help a lot. I see that the guides from the reel start at a 25 do you think that will be large enough for the reel chosen or do I need a 30 and I see that it calls for 9 guides I would have though that it would require more (something I read led me to believe around 11)

Date: August 15, 2015 03:40PM

It's always a good idea to have a couple of extra running guides on hand when you do the static distribution testing. I'm not familiar w/ that Daiwa...if it's comparable in size to a Shimano 4000, I'd say a #25 stripper is plenty, if guide height is good. You ought to also run the #'s using the Fuji KR system.
[anglersresource.net]

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: August 15, 2015 05:51PM

Check the Library Page upper right Good stuff on guide placement and sizing-- Concept --

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Ryan McBride (---.wavecable.com)
Date: August 26, 2015 11:12AM

[www.rainshadowrodblanks.com]
Click the "blueprints" tab to get an idea or starting point as well! Good luck!

R. McBride

Batson Enterprises
BatsonEnterprises.com | RainShadowRodBlanks.com | ALPSForeCast.com | Build2Fish.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster