I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: missing issue
Posted by: Roger Pare (---.static.hvvc.us)
Date: May 07, 2015 06:09PM

Billy was nice enough to write some good articles for your magazine awhile back.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Roger Pare (---.static.hvvc.us)
Date: May 07, 2015 06:09PM

Billy was nice enough to write some good articles for your magazine awhile back.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 07, 2015 06:15PM

Tom Kirkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You're way off, Billy. Nice try though.
>
> I've been mentioning when the magazine is mailed
> for as long as this forum has been online.

And for as long as this forum has been online, people have been making posts such as these. And what usually follows, is a bunch of forum members tired of seeing the posts hammer the guy who posted the original question.

"Ken"

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: May 07, 2015 06:15PM

Yes he was and they were, and I was nice enough to pay him for each one of those articles. In fact, he quit while he still owed me one that he had been compensated for.

I think it's time to pull the plug on this topic. The original poster did not experience a missing magazine (yet) and too many are proffering opinions without having the facts behind them.

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.ip-167-114-102.net)
Date: May 07, 2015 06:18PM

All I did was copy and paste a search link. There are plenty more of just like it.

Date: May 07, 2015 06:18PM

I was paid for the articles, and I did owe Tom one article which I didn't feel like writing until I got my business back together after Sandy. I owe another publication an article too. I also owe myself another book, adn a couple of DVD's. I had to prioritize things.

Date: May 07, 2015 06:32PM

And priorities should lie with who you owed first (compensated for and merely promised are two different things). But as I said a few months ago, I wrote that off as one I wouldn't get, even after the favor I did you at the 2014 Expo.

I'm probably the most disparaged person around the rod building forums, but not much gets said about the good things I've done for so many rod builders behind the scenes. And that would fill a book!

Date: May 07, 2015 06:36PM

I owe myself first, rebuilding my business after the storm was #1, #2 paying my mortgage every month. Since I havent' done any articles for anyone or for my books/DVD's my priorities haven't changed, I have to pay my bills. I would have eventually written the article, I mean it makes no sense for me to not write it because it would have ended up in residual sales. I just haven't done anything in that area outside of posting on teh forums in a long time. And I appreciate that you helped me out with the booth in 2013, and thanked you for that.

Date: May 07, 2015 06:47PM

My point was that I had already compensated you for it. But it's okay, I understand and there are no hard feelings.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Webmaster