I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

TAX ???
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 09, 2015 07:03PM

Are there any other suppliers charging tax besides MudHole

Bill - willierods.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TAX ???
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 09, 2015 07:42PM

YES

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 09, 2015 08:22PM

Wonderfull
Just another cost for the customer It will just make more buy of the shelf or learn how to make there own
God Bless America
Does anyone care about the small business man

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: curtis drumm (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: April 09, 2015 09:06PM

Hay don't feel bad, we have a rain tax in Maryland.
next air.
Beat that.

Curt

Posted by: mike quinn (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: April 09, 2015 10:18PM

I don't understand.

If you are a small business why can't you just complete a W-9 with your TIN. Ask for their TIN also to make sure they are registered to collect taxes in your state.

Posted by: Ron Weber (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: April 09, 2015 10:47PM

Thats kinda what I was wondering

Posted by: Donald Becker (---.hawaiiantel.net)
Date: April 10, 2015 02:35AM

bill boettcher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are there any other suppliers charging tax besides
> MudHole

Bill, the link is a couple of years old. However it may fill in some gaps for you.

[www.nolo.com]

Don

Don Becker

Posted by: Leigh Englehart (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: April 10, 2015 06:10AM

i was under the impression that as a small business you were required to either pay when you buy or pay yourself via the sales and use tax form dr-15.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 10, 2015 08:07AM

Interstate Commerce sales once did not require any sales tax to be collected. That is changing quite a bit now with many states having reciprocal agreements with others for vendors to collect tax on out of state purchases and then return the money to the state where the purchases lives. You could contact your state department of revenue to see if this is you situation.

Posted by: Ken Preston (---.opera-mini.net)
Date: April 10, 2015 09:04AM

Bill
Are you sure that it is a "sales tax" as opposed to a "Federal Excise tax" ? Either way since you are running a small business you can write off or pass on the excise tax at the point of sale or declare it as additional taxes paid when you file. Ask a good CPA to look at your purchases and sales percentages and help you decide which way you want to go.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: April 10, 2015 09:15AM

The FET would be buried in the price, not added on as an additional tax. It's paid at the first point of sale between the manufacturer and the dealer/distributor.

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 10, 2015 11:21AM

bill boettcher Wrote:
> Are there any other suppliers charging tax besides
> MudHole

Bill,

Do you not have a DBA, (Doing Business As), or a wholesale account established with Mudhole? I have never been charges taxes by Mudhole since setting up a wholesale account with them or any other vendor.

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Posted by: Ray Zarychta (---.massmutual.com)
Date: April 10, 2015 01:08PM

Some states require on line/catalog sales tax to be collected if the dealer has a presence in the state of the buyer. Prior to Cabelas having a store in CT, I paid no sales tax on catalog orders, now that they do, I get charged with CT sales tax. With Mudhole holding pay for presentations in various states, that may constitute a presence and thus the sales tax for residence of that state........just guessing.

Posted by: Bob McKamey (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: April 10, 2015 01:11PM

Hello Bill -- I just checked your Cash Sale documents on your account in the Mud Hole Custom Tackle system and I do not see on any of your Cash Sale documents, that you have been charged tax, which is the billing. Unless somehow I am completely mis-taken. Thank You

Bob McKamey
Mud Hole Custom Tackle
bobm@mudhole.com

Posted by: Donald Becker (---.hawaiiantel.net)
Date: April 10, 2015 01:39PM

Ray,

In a previous post I provided a link to where internet sales were going.

Here's another link. This time it is to the bill that passed the Senate.
[www.congress.gov]

Don Becker

Posted by: mike quinn (---.carolina.res.rr.com)
Date: April 10, 2015 05:19PM

Leigh Englehart Wrote:
> i was under the impression that as a small
> business you were required to either pay when you
> buy or pay yourself via the sales and use tax form
> dr-15.

That is correct. Yours is a Florida form. An example of that is when you have home improvement work done on your house the homeowner thinks they do not pay tax but what they dont know is that the contractor is considered the end user by the State so they have to pay the tax on the final sale but take a tax credit on their states return. Something like an oil burner is something the homeowner would not normaly take with them when they move so what the homeowner does not know is the oil company (if they are smart business owners) include the tax as part of their quote. But a light switch plate is something a homeowner could easly take with them when moving and is therefore taxable to them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster