I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Quickest ship time?
Posted by: Adam Curtis (---.static-ip.telepacific.net)
Date: March 12, 2015 02:25PM

Hey guys,

Just wondering who has the quickest turnaround time on shipments? How soon after pressing "submit' do you get confirmation your order is shipping?

Thanks for your time!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Quickest ship time?
Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2015 02:59PM

Depends who you are ordering from and how busy they are.

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2015 03:20PM

5 minutes to 5 days, depending on the supplier.

Posted by: gary Marquardt (141.211.151.---)
Date: March 12, 2015 03:23PM

depends on shipping method. 2 day priority from Washington to Michigan is faster than standard shipping from Ohio to Michigan. I can drive to an Ohio supplier,and many times do, faster than they can ship. fastest order I've ever done was to cal the order into the supplier wheni was 30 min. out and they had it waiting at the desk.

Date: March 12, 2015 05:25PM

Those are pretty quick. Thankful to have so many quick options. Had my butt saved today by one no doubt!

Posted by: Bryan Yates (---.townes.net)
Date: March 12, 2015 11:10PM

Had a same day shipment from Anglers Workshop this week, and some excellent service on the phone. I'll definitely be ordering from them in the future.

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 12, 2015 11:19PM

All the suppliers,I use, on the left are good at getting things out. If your in a bind for something just ask if they can help, you'll be amazed at how well they all do.

However, If my order is shipped by USPS it takes normally 6 to 7 days from Florida to Maryland. On the other hand the same, USPS takes three days to get from Washington State to Maryland. Can't figure out what takes so long to go half the distance??

Tom

Tomscustomrods.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2015 11:37PM by Tom Wewerka.

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 13, 2015 10:05AM

Adam,

I have found if you place an order on say Friday or Saturday it will not ship out until the following Monday or Tuesday. Most shops close on Sunday and some on Saturday. I am located in CA and I have received USPS shipments from Mudhole, (FL), in 3 days if order was placed during the weekdays. Rod blank orders shipped via Federal Express with standard wholesale shipping normally take 4 days.

The last order I placed for a blank from Mudhole came from FL to Ontario Airport, CA, and then went back to TN, then out here to be delivered the next day. I guess someone at the Ontario Airport didn't get it off of the Fedex plane, which took the blank back to TN. I noted this on the Fedex tracking link and was simply amazed when it was delivered the very next day after it was in TN the day before!

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Date: March 13, 2015 12:15PM

USPS can be very difficult. That scenario probably plays out a lot.

Posted by: Barry Chapman (---.41.70.115.static.exetel.com.au)
Date: March 15, 2015 03:01AM

If my order is placed on a Monday evening with Mudhole it usually arrives the following week on a wednesday & that is to Australia .I find that more than satisfactory as it normally takes around 4 days for normal mail carried by Australia Post .If the parcel is from Mudhole it comes by Fedex Other being on the expensive side but I realize that I have to pay for service .

Regards Baz

Bundeena
NSW Australia

Date: March 16, 2015 12:36PM

Barry,

You're getting stuff to Aus. faster than I'm getting it to CA.

Must be on the good list.

Posted by: Barry Chapman (---.opera-mini.net)
Date: March 16, 2015 08:01PM

G' Day Adam the problem I believe lies in the carrier not Mudhole because I can & do track the passage of my goods .Occasionally the flight spend a couple of days in Hawaii & that has delayed delivery by a day or so .I don't know who Mudhole use for their domestic deliveries & if its USPS it could take forever .I have used other suppliers who use USPS & that has taken up to 3 weeks to arrive .Having had deliveries from some local suppliers using Aus Post it has taken almost as long as the USPS .

Regards Baz

Bundeena
NSW Australia

Date: March 17, 2015 01:29PM

Hi Barry,

No doubt about it. Definitely makes the experience longer if the carrier isn't helping. USPS has been the most frustrating but they all can have their moments.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster