I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: New Guide Concept Quandary
Posted by: Garry Thornton (---.natsow.res.rr.com)
Date: January 19, 2015 06:12PM

Whipped up a new rod recipe.....
1- KW
3 - KL-H
1 - LT
5 - KB
1 - RV, to blow town
1 - BLT and a bucket of KFC.
Casts great travels well and your not hungry an hour later.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: John E Powell (---.dynamic.wnyric.org)
Date: January 20, 2015 01:14PM

Jim Ising Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would table-edge that set-up in search of a
> compromise between 27X and KR. KR is a high-frame
> concept...not the best choice for this rod.
> Although it may be a great choice when we
> introduce the double foot KR Concept "RV" in mid
> to late feb.

Dan,

Given you want to be able to really ham-hand this rod on the hookset and turn of the fish, there's a lot of wisdom in Jim's post. In the Fuji product lineup, a guide layout that offers a quicker choke would allow the use of KB guides, which you can pair with locking and bumper wraps. As to Microwave guides it likely would be more prudent to contact American Tackle directly with your concerns than "spitballing" them here in a post as they are the only ones capable of allaying your concerns about availability of individual replacements.

Posted by: Dan Costanza (---.dia.static.qwest.net)
Date: January 21, 2015 01:58PM

Yeah John I did talk to American Tackle and they just danced around the subject. Said they would replace warranty issues blah blah ........... I said forget warranty/failure, I STEP ON IT ...... I'm wrong , it's not a bad guide, I'm a meathead and it's my fault. I will pay for one ... no problem, what do I do. They said ....... oh well we could work with you in some cases .. blah blah blah.

The bottom line is they are selling sets and that is what you can get from them. They have zero intentions of selling an individual guide.

Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 21, 2015 03:49PM

Please do not consider this a "hi-jack" of a question about the kr concept but there are some questions about the MicroWave guides that need to be addressed.

#1. It is true that the MicroWave guides are sold in sets. A lot of testing went into perfect the system. We have seen many builders try and to change it and they did not achieve optimal performance, this is the reason that they will continue to be sold in sets.

#2. If you have a problem with any of the guides in the system we will cover them under warranty if the product is at fault or would be more than happy to sell you a replacement part if it broke because of something you did (step on, smash against a tree, hook into a great white, etc.)

#3. The complete guide is very durable. Assassin Rods in South Africa uses the regular spinning guide system on surf rods and has caught 100# + yellow fin tuna and other very large fish. Plus I cannot tell you how many times I have stepped on my rods ;)

Dan, I do not know who you spoke with here at AT but I assure you that we are all here to provide the best customer service possible. If you would like me to further address any issues you may have with the MicroWave system, please do not hesitate to call me 800-516-1750 ext 1207

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster