I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Kudos to the Rod Geeks
Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 12, 2015 08:15PM

For any of us that build rods with split grips or not, for that matter, how agrivating is it to have to remove that extremely sticky decal on the base of the blank. Then clean off the glue residue .

Well today my newest shipment of rod blanks came from the Rod Geeks. To my pleasant suprise, they have now placed the rod blank model decal on the blank with Rubber Bands. How easy is that to remove and begin your build.

May not be a big deal, but for me i think that is a great idea and makes it so much easier to remove. and no chance of scratches on the blank removing the label.

Nice going,
Tom

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kudos to the Rod Geeks
Posted by: Jimmy Crain Jr (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: January 12, 2015 08:21PM

Its proboly because they got tired of taking them off themselfs to do all the paint jobs all the time lol.

Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 12, 2015 09:26PM

Bob listens. They originally had them on teh bags and once you took teh blank out of the bag, you didn't know what was what. HE also stopped the seriel number thing for warantees. I just ordered another 30 blanks today, getting some new stuf can't wait.

They don't paint teh same blank over and over, they have them already matte and just spray them when the order comes in. PAinted blanks/custom colors in 2 weeks at your door, gotta love that!

Date: January 12, 2015 10:13PM

Hey Billie

If you are getting any of those new Neon color blanks put a few photos up here. They look really good on your facebook.

Bob sent me some samples to show people. So I made a nice little stand for them, Easy to show your customers all the colors in person. The first guy I showed the samples to, bought ten rods.

[www.rodbuilding.org]

Tom

Date: January 12, 2015 11:12PM

You are right there, colors sell. And for no more than what they charge to paint it why not?? The finish on them is top notch. I am hoping that all the new colors will be at the Expo next month. I would think they will be? See you there.

Tom

Date: January 12, 2015 11:22PM

I would expect them to have the new colors and samples of the custom colors they will be offering. I'm sure they'll post prior to the show letting people know what to expect. They just came out with a couple new lines of blanks, the Musky and surf, with more SWB on the way for 2015. I'm happy I jumped on the Geeks bandwagon the instant I went by their booth last year.

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.as22781.net)
Date: January 13, 2015 08:49AM

As I understand it the Rodgeeks company sells consumer direct. Is this right? I would guess this cuts down on order and shipping time if true.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: January 13, 2015 10:27AM

Yes, they sell factory direct: [www.rodgeeks.com]

Posted by: Adam Curtis (---.static-ip.telepacific.net)
Date: January 13, 2015 12:38PM

Lure/Technique specific models are something I'm looking at with their blanks. So far the applications below have some real nice options if you have bass customers throwing any of this stuff.

Glide Baits (R2S 168 and 200 size)
Chatterbait
Rattle-Trap
Flippin
5"+ Flippin Senkos

I think the minute they make a big swimbait blank their going to dominate the scene out here. The colors really draw interest.

In 2015 these blanks are going to get pounded! Bass beware! I'm runnin red, find your own! :)

Posted by: Gerald (Jerry) Bouyear (---.crescommwifi.com)
Date: January 14, 2015 10:28AM

Does anyone know if they are going to expand the line to Salmon, Steelhead, down rigger etc.?

Posted by: John E Powell (---.dynamic.wnyric.org)
Date: January 15, 2015 08:40AM

Gerald (Jerry) Bouyear Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does anyone know if they are going to expand the
> line to Salmon, Steelhead, down rigger etc.?

They'll probably offer some salmon/steelhead versions down the road as there's a broader market for those, but the downrigger and diver blanks are probably too small a market. That's the reason there are so few downrigger choices and realistically no purpose designed diver rod blanks anywhere in the entire industry.

Posted by: Roger Pascual (---.statefarm.com)
Date: January 15, 2015 01:47PM

I actually emailed Rod Geeks yesterday after seeing this thread. I was courious to see if they they have plans to epand the line to Salmon and Steelhead. I got a response with the following email..

Hi Roger,
Thank you for your interest in RODgeeks. We are planning to add a salmon / steelhead series this year – probably in May. I will add your email address to our distribution so you will receive our new product updates.

Bob Penicka
RODgeeks

Posted by: Gerald (Jerry) Bouyear (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: January 16, 2015 09:24AM

Thanks Roger for getting the info.

Bob can you include me on the new product list

Date: January 16, 2015 09:29AM

I think you would have to contact Bob to add you to the contact list?

Posted by: Gerald (Jerry) Bouyear (---.crescommwifi.com)
Date: January 21, 2015 01:06AM

Thanks I will do that

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster