I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Batson and North Fork Composites ( Gary Loomis ) partnered!
Posted by: Ryan McBride (---.wavecable.com)
Date: January 06, 2015 10:55AM

Update incase you haven't heard:

BATSON ENTERPRISES PARTNERS WITH NORTH FORK COMPOSITES, A GARY LOOMIS COMPANY.

New Catalog: [batsonenterprises.com]
Press Release: [batsonenterprises.com]

Sequim, WA, January 1, 2015 - North Fork Composites, a Gary Loomis founded USA rod blank manufacturing company, announced today that they have entered into an exclusive partnership for an indefinite strategic deal with Batson Enterprises. The new, innovative partnership leverages the respective strengths of Batson Enterprises and North Fork Composites to create a compelling value for both companies.

Batson Enterprises is a leading rod blank and rod components manufacturer/wholesaler, distributing their products and services worldwide. The company serves a large range of customers from OEM, Private Labels, Retailers, and rod builders.
"The Batson family and Gary Loomis have been friends for over 20+ years. It gives me great honor and respect to partner with Gary Loomis and his USA rod blank company, North Fork Composites. Our team has been blessed with this opportunity and collectively both Batson Enterprises and North Fork Composites look to grow this industry/craft/art." says Bill Batson, CEO of Batson Enterprises "We are very excited to not only add a USA made blank to our lineup but help our current distribution avenues with a RainShadow USA made product as well. We look forward to this exclusive partnership and look to evolve the industry." Bill Batson adds.

Gary Loomis the founder of "GLoomis" has been involved with graphite composites for fishing rods from the beginning. Some say that he is the "Grandfather" of composites for fishing rods. After selling the company to Shimano in 1995 Gary Loomis focused all energy entirely on fish conservation (Fishfirst.org, JoinCCA.org.) In 2010 Gary Loomis makes a comeback! He has armed his new company, North Fork Composites, with "Generation2" materials and technology built entirely in the USA. North Fork Composites distributes its label to OEM/Private labels and to the custom rod builder market, as well as managing its complete line of finished rod products with Edge Rods.

"After nearly five years of research and development I am proud to introduce my next generation of American made line of blanks. Our agreement with Batson Enterprises allows us the opportunity to focus on our core; "Generation2" materials and technologies, manufacturing, and design while leveraging the strength of Batson's distribution. I couldn't be more excited to bring these new products to the US and the World driving the American manufacturing back home." - Gary Loomis, Owner, Designer, Founder

"North Fork Composites engineers and staff are thrilled to be able to offer handcrafted blanks, handles, and reel seats built with over 80 years of composites experience through wider distribution. Quality and performance that the industry has grown to appreciate and love, re-envisioned with the best technology and materials available today." - Aleks Maslov, CEO, North Fork Composites

The distribution agreement between Batson Enterprises and North Fork Composites takes effect on December 1st, 2014 and will be fulfilled, January 1, 2015.

###
About Batson Enterprises:
Batson Enterprises is one of the leading innovators of fishing-related products. Our diverse product portfolio is full of quality-trusted brands that are respected worldwide. Our products are distributed globally through a number of our well-recognized brands, including:
RainShadow • North Fork Composites • ALPS • ForeCast • ToughStick • Guidespacing • Jaguar Designs • Team RainShadow
Batson Enterprises is committed to enhancing fishing experiences. With our vast array of product lines, there are many combinations available to customize any rod build.
www.batsonenterprises.com

About North Fork Composites:
North Fork Composites is Gary Loomis's next generation of rod blanks and finished rods. The quality and craftsmanship that people know today combined with future enhancements is what makes North Fork Composites the leading visionary of “Made in the USA” fishing rod products Focusing on the demands of the sporting goods industry where the balance of performance, durability, and weight are crucial to, and often the deciding factor of success has enabled NFC to become a trusted partner in composites manufacturing.
www.northforkcomposites.com

Batson Enterprises, Inc.
Ryan McIntosh, VP of Marketing
130 Harrison St STE 8
Sequim, WA 98382
877-875-2381
ryan@batsonenterprises.com

R. McBride

Batson Enterprises
BatsonEnterprises.com | RainShadowRodBlanks.com | ALPSForeCast.com | Build2Fish.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Batson and North Fork Composites ( Gary Loomis ) partnered!
Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.as22781.net)
Date: January 06, 2015 11:07AM

I thought NFC blanks had already been available for the past four or five years now?

Date: January 06, 2015 11:15AM

Yes they have.. We are the sole source for distribution of NFC's blanks.. Meaning, all of our distributors etc.. will have NFC blanks as well. Of course you can order them still online if need be. There are also bigger things working for the future for both companies as well!! Stay tuned!

Come see both at ICRBE!!

You can see the new catalog of their entire inventory in the link above in the original post.

R. McBride

Batson Enterprises
BatsonEnterprises.com | RainShadowRodBlanks.com | ALPSForeCast.com | Build2Fish.com

Posted by: roger wilson (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: January 06, 2015 11:55AM

This sounds like a great business partnership.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 06, 2015 02:51PM

Ya I wonder what kind of blanks they both can come up with

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Roger Pascual (---.statefarm.com)
Date: January 06, 2015 02:57PM

With this new partnership, will NFC blanks now be available through Utmost Enterprises?

Posted by: Roger Pascual (---.statefarm.com)
Date: January 06, 2015 02:57PM

With this new partnership, will NFC blanks now be available through Utmost Enterprises?

Date: January 06, 2015 03:33PM

Yes.. You can buy online www.northforkcomposites.com and through utmost if you choose.

R. McBride

Batson Enterprises

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.onlinehome-server.info)
Date: January 06, 2015 04:22PM

Since these blanks were already available from two long time and well known dealers and from the manufacturer himself, the only advantage I can possibly see is if the blanks will now be available at a hefty discount. Is that what this is about? If not I don't get it. If so and they will now sell for a lot less, then I can see it being news.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 06, 2015 07:47PM

This is about marketing! Batson's image, coverage and distribution capabilities opens a larger market to NFC.

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.)
Date: January 06, 2015 08:03PM

Only if you assume that most or even many rod builders didn't know they could buy NFC blanks but I don't think that's the case. These days you only need one "distributor" to sell as much as 100 distributors. But I wish them well whatever the case.

Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 06, 2015 09:40PM

Ken, that is the point! Batson is now THE NFC distributor, they did not have one before.

Posted by: Karen Hapka - Bingham Ent. (---.kc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 06, 2015 09:44PM

NFC HAD diistributors from the very beginning. Anglers Workshop. Bingham Enterprises and for a time MudHole..

Posted by: Matt Dotts (---.hrbgpa.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 07, 2015 07:57AM

I had read that press release twice, now just read it a third time and all of the comments in this thread and like many others ... I still don't know what it all means. If a rod builder didn't previously know that NFC blanks existed or where to buy them then they hadn't come out of the basement for a few years. Not to diminish the quality of the product or the importance of either company involved but ...so what?. Nothing to see hear. Carry on.

Posted by: Bill Batson (---.wavecable.com)
Date: January 07, 2015 11:34AM

It is very simple folks>>>>
Batson Enterprises is the EXCLUSIVE wholesale distributor of all NFC blanks.
The companies you used to buy them from Bingham, Anglers Workshop and the NFC website are still distributors of NFC blanks.
Batson is a WHOLESALE company with the infrastructure to handle inventory control and distribute products to it wholesale accounts. worldwide.
This is a Win VS win for the industry and all companies involved. This gives NFC and Batson many different advantages to help build the industry.
I will not explain on a public board all of the advantages, if you have specific questions please feel free to contact me directly.
We will grow the NFC label and the Made in USA product line. This is one of the finest MADE in the USA products available today and we are honored to represent
it in the Batson brand portfolio.

Bill Batson
CEO
Batson Enterprises.
Rainshadow/Forecast/ALPS/NFC
877-875-2381
batson@batsonenterprises.com

Posted by: Scott Hovanec (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: January 08, 2015 08:28PM

Looks to me like it just added another middleman between my supplier and the manufacturer. Can't see how this will benefit the end user because another finger in the cookie jar typically leads to higher prices.

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.as22781.net)
Date: January 09, 2015 09:10AM

I think it will go just the opposite. With more dealers competing they will discount no matter what anyone says. The dealers will make slim margins in order to get sales, if there are any sales there to get. How popular are the NFC blanks? You do not hear much about them.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: January 09, 2015 09:45AM

Good point James
Since ya do here a lot about Batson the parnership may help NFC's sales ??

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Karen Hapka - Bingham Ent. (---.kc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 09, 2015 09:49AM

James a memo has gone out there is to be No deep discounting of NFC blanks- (maximum allowance 5%)there is to be strict adherance to MAP pricing. So if ANY dealer is caught discounting they will be put on a 30 day suspension, if a second violation is committed they will no longer be able to be a NFC distributor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2015 09:53AM by Karen Hapka - Bingham Ent..

Posted by: Scott Hovanec (---.sub-70-199-7.myvzw.com)
Date: January 09, 2015 10:33AM

That's good to hear. I really like St. Croix's method of dealer pricing. It's either MSRP or wholesale. No room for shenanigans like that.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster