I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Canada Purchasing
Posted by: Chris Tulk (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: December 03, 2014 10:02AM

Hi All,

Anyone know if you can buy blanks and components in Canada's?

Thank You,

Chris Tulk

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Canada Purchasing
Posted by: Don @ American Tackle (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: December 03, 2014 10:11AM

Sent you an email Chris

800-516-1750 ext. 1207 / don@americantackle.us

Rod Building..... It's What We Do.

Date: December 03, 2014 10:32AM

Hi Don,

Thanks for the email! I live in Ontario so it's perfect!

Thank You,

Chris Tulk

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 03, 2014 10:42AM

Seems there are a lot of suppliers in Canada
[www.google.com]

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Rolly Beenen (192.75.48.---)
Date: December 03, 2014 11:08AM

Well Bill I live in Canada and there isn't very many suppliers here. I sell the occasional blank and parts to people .

Rolly Beenen
Rovic Custom Rods

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: December 03, 2014 11:26AM

Rod Builder Supplies, a sponsor here, is located in Canada.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: December 03, 2014 11:36AM

maybe not many but I did find several Don't know how fare from you they are but

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: John E Powell (---.dynamic.wnyric.org)
Date: December 03, 2014 01:27PM

There used to be a fairly big supplier around the Hamilton, Ontario area. I bought quite a lot of stuff from them years ago when the US/Canadian currency exchange rate was very favorable to do so. I think the name of the business was LG custom tackle. I since heard they were no longer in business, but I don't know if someone bought them out and continued under another name in the same region of Ontario. It's probably a dead lead, but who knows?

Date: December 03, 2014 03:20PM

Hi Bill,

I tried searching Google and only came up with two. One is our sponsor and the other one I already know and they really have nothing. Shipping anything to Canada is getting expensive, unless you are shipping in bulk. And I am not.

Anyway I just thought I might be missing something but it seams I am not. Other than Don's email.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Thank You,

Chris Tulk

Posted by: Chris Richer (131.137.243.---)
Date: December 03, 2014 04:40PM

Check for a mailbox/reshipper in Niagra Falls/ Buffalo. I get things shipped to Ogdensburg (15 minutes from the house) and go and pick it up. :)

Chris Richer
Iroquois ON

Posted by: P. Wayne Hart (---.cpe.citywest.ca)
Date: December 03, 2014 09:44PM

I have found Rodbuildersupply to be the best source for building in Canada. While the American suppliers offer good prices and selection, by the time you add shipping and customs you're almost always better off to buy from Andy at Rodbuildersupply.

Posted by: John E Powell (---.dynamic.wnyric.org)
Date: December 04, 2014 09:11AM

For anyone that lives close to the Niagara Falls or Buffalo border crossings, I would consider receiving the occasional order for you if you wanted to physically cross the border pick it up and return. I live about 5 minutes from both the Whirlpool and Queenston bridges and less than 10 minutes from the Rainbow bridge. By occasional, I mean once or twice a year for a novice builder, not someone running a business. The other constraint would be that your shipper doesn't require a signature in person; I'm generally not home when UPS or USPS deliveries are made. If they require a signature and will accept a signature on a form and then drop off on a second attempt that would be acceptable to me, but don't expect me to have to drive to UPS and sign for an after hours pick-up, I'm not offering to do that.

If you would like to give this a try, send me an e-mail and we can discuss the details.

Posted by: Dennis Dawe (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: December 07, 2014 12:22PM

You might try Johnsflymaterialsl in London Ont.He has a great selection of blanks and building material.his phone 519-645-0932

Date: December 07, 2014 01:52PM

Thanks for the offer John. I have an aunt that lives in Buffalo. I have decided to get things shipped there and I will pick them up when I go visit.

Dennis I will check them out as I do go to London a couple time a month!

Thank You,

Chris Tulk

Posted by: Chris Richer (131.137.243.---)
Date: December 08, 2014 07:49AM

That I how I get RodMaker Magazine. :)

Chris Richer
Iroquois ON

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster