I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Which products are best?
Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.102.204.190.res-cmts.t132.ptd.net)
Date: November 28, 2014 07:29PM

That would be Capt. Neil.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Rolly Beenen (192.75.48.---)
Date: November 30, 2014 08:25AM

Okay. Am I the only one that has a problem here?
Scott not that you have done anything wrong but someone has given you a wholesale account and you have never built a rod. So the guys who have a rod shop and make 40 -100 rods per year get the exact same discount that you do. I find that to be crazy and one of the reasons why it is hard to make a go of this biz.

Most of the guys that have a discount or wholesale account dont advertise the price they pay for anything as that is between you and your supplier. I wonder if the blank you got was a special cause to get a 50%discount for a new builder is Crazy.

Rolly Beenen
Rovic Custom Rods

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 30, 2014 08:38AM

I was wondering that also
You know some one ?? LOL

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Scott Vaughn (---.tampfl.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 30, 2014 09:24AM

I fulfilled the exact same requirements as everyone else with a wholesale account.

Tax ID
State Resale Sales Tax Certificate

I dont recall experience being a prerequisite.

I fu

Date: November 30, 2014 09:26AM

Im sorry that this fact offends you for some reason but maybe there's a bigger picture involved here that you're unaware of.

Date: November 30, 2014 09:26AM

Im sorry that this fact offends you for some reason but maybe there's a bigger picture involved here that you're unaware of.

Date: November 30, 2014 09:33AM

Sorry for the double post, not sure how that happened

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 30, 2014 09:36AM

i guess some will go back to there suppliers and find out

Bill - willierods.com

Date: November 30, 2014 09:42AM

And the place where I purchased the blank had a Thanksgiving Week Sale. The prices were on the website, that was copied and pasted from their page.

I registered on this site for advice and learning, not criticism,

Mostly my experience so far on here has been great, and advice greatly appreciated. But envy and negativety should be refrained from in my opinion on a forum like this.

I guess I should rethink posting in the future.

Posted by: Rolly Beenen (192.75.48.---)
Date: November 30, 2014 10:12AM

Mudhole does require you to be a legit business and not someone who on a whim decides to become a Business. I am not envious of you in anyway and I believe i stated that in my original post that you had done nothing wrong. I was posting to bring awareness to the suppliers out there that this shouldn't be occurring.

Just because you spend 20 bucks getting a tax number does not make it right for you to get the same discounts as a legit Business. What I am trying to say is you should pay your dues first.

If you feel you are being critiicizied there may be a reason. If you dont want to post that is your right also. There are lots of lurkers on this board and others that gleam all sorts of information.

Rolly Beenen
Rovic Custom Rods

Date: November 30, 2014 10:15AM

Maybe you should mind your own business. Im starting a business, with legitimate documentation from both federal and state. What i do is my business.

Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: November 30, 2014 02:16PM

Scott, I find that there have been a number of posts here that are inappropriate. You are trying to start a business or trade and just seeking help in doing so, that is great. Some of these posters should just keep their comments to themselves. Serves no useful purpose. Good luck with your endeavor. Randy

Date: November 30, 2014 02:47PM

Thank you Randolph.

Posted by: Lynn Behler (---.102.204.190.res-cmts.t132.ptd.net)
Date: November 30, 2014 02:49PM

Scott, hang in there! There a lot of very helpful people on this board. No need to reply.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster