I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Riley Rods
Posted by: Frank McKinney (---.sub-70-196-10.myvzw.com)
Date: October 04, 2014 11:25AM

Has any body had any dealings or issues with Riley Rods. I placed an order for a couple of his RR-HC grips and the money was taken from my account over a month ago. I received a bulk email a few weeks back stating he has had some family issues but he would starting shipping that friday and I still have not received my order 2 weeks later from the email. I have sent emails asking when I would receive my order with no response and have left voice messages with no response either. I do under stand family issues come first, but I feel they could at least return emails or phone messages and give an update on my order.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Riley Rods
Posted by: Sandy Harris (---.ec.res.rr.com)
Date: October 04, 2014 06:31PM

Message him on Facebook....he responded to me today.......

Date: October 04, 2014 07:07PM

I don't do face book but I, left him my number on his voice mail and he has my email address. I just wish he would let me know something. I have 2 people waiting on rods that wanted his handles on their rods.

Posted by: Everett Barts (---.lightspeed.jcvlfl.sbcglobal.net)
Date: October 05, 2014 11:36AM

I've purchaced a number of grips from Riley in the past with no issues; he is typically very prompt. Seems this past summer he got behind on orders due to other issues and a greater demand for his product.
Good thing is, I just got notification that my current order is complete; so seems he is starting to catch up.

If this is your first dealings with Riley, don't let it set a lasting impression. My past orders and inqueries have been filled and responded to with no issues, so this seems very abnormal.

Posted by: dave schaub (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: October 06, 2014 09:46AM

Unfortunately I am having the same issues. I have been trying to order some things from him for 2 months and can get no response. I have
sent now about 7 emails without response. I did use the auto-order on one handle and it is supposedly on the way. But I have a larger
order for several handles which I need help in ordering and can raise no one. I hope this was just an anomaly.
I believe he also is a pro-guide and most of his time is taken with that.

Posted by: Dick Ross (---.sub-174-255-160.myvzw.com)
Date: October 06, 2014 07:07PM

I have been getting supplies for building carbon fiber handles for quite awhile now. Usually very prompt service but every now and then he gets swamped, between guiding, building rods, building handles and keeping up with his online store.

Date: October 06, 2014 08:27PM

I feel he should not have withdrawn the money from my account until he filled my order and got ready to ship it. This is a not a good way to do business, He take peoples money and doesn't even return their calls or return emails or tries to contact them in ant way on their order for over a month. It leaves a sour taste in my mouth and make me feel like I got scammed and my money stolen. If he has this much going on he needs to set his priories on which he is going to do. If he is not going to fill my order the least he can do is return my money. Sorry for the rant but getting fed up with the way he is doing me on my order. I just wanted to see if other people was being done the same way from him on their orders.

Posted by: Frank McKinney (---.sub-70-196-6.myvzw.com)
Date: October 10, 2014 07:29PM

Received my handles today. You guys were right. I just wish he would communicate better so people would know what is going on with their orders and they could tell their customers when they would get their rods when they want his handles on their rids.

Posted by: Forrest Peters (---.dhcp.stpt.wi.charter.com)
Date: October 12, 2014 01:06PM

I hope he gets in touch with me soon. I have a couple customers waiting.

Lone Wolf Rods
"Keep your powder dry and your lines wet"
God Bless

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster