I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Posting a reply
Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: October 02, 2014 05:07PM

Tom, why does it take so long for a posted reply to load to the forum. This is the single cause for multiple posts. 20-30 seconds most of the time and people think they didn't hit the post key the first or even second time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Posting a reply
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: October 02, 2014 05:12PM

It doesn't happen to everyone. Mine go up in a second or two. So do most others. It depends on the route your post takes from your computer to the server where this forum is hosted. It is not the fault of this server nor this forum. This is why the people who usually double or triple post are the same ones over and over. Not blaming them, I know it can be frustrating, but neither I nor my webhost have any control over your internet provider nor the route your packet takes to get to our server.

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 02, 2014 05:36PM

How often do you clean your computer of unnecessary files and defrag it Doing this will help it run faster

Bill - willierods.com

Date: October 02, 2014 08:14PM

When I made this post. It went through in about 2 seconds, earlier when I replied to another's post it took 20-30 seconds. It is the replies that I am talking about. Bill, I have a very fast computer, and posting replies on other sites are much quicker.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: October 02, 2014 08:34PM

If it was this forum or the server it is hosted on, it would be the same every time. All I can suggest is that you call your service provider and see if they can do anything for you. I can't control the transmission lines or routing servers.

Date: October 02, 2014 08:37PM

I have a 12 year old computer yet I find this site loads and works faster then other sites I go on

And Microsoft does not back up XP Got to get another

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Lynn Leary (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: October 03, 2014 11:37AM

What sometimes slows the response from a site is your browser. Internet Explorer got painfully slow so I tried Google Chrome. Much faster but if there is high traffic on the Internet it will be slower as well. I have had much better luck with Chrome and its free so it might be worth a try.

Date: October 03, 2014 01:52PM

I use Firefox and find it better then IE And they have an upgrade for it ( if your computer can handle it ) mine is too old

Bill - willierods.com

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 08, 2014 05:41PM

I uaw Fiewfox too and on my Apple Computer it is lighting fast. However the other night on the iPad I hit it seven times before it went throught, As Bill knows he got the 7 messages.......lol

Tom

Date: October 09, 2014 06:39PM

There were 5 posts repeated on one topic today.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster