I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Metallic thread
Posted by: Doug Schreiber (---.lightspeed.oshkwi.sbcglobal.net)
Date: July 04, 2014 10:35AM

What metallic thread do you like best?

I used to use Gudbrod metallic and it seemed to trim cleaner and easier.

Which one do you like best?

Thanks, Doug

See you on the water, Doug
Captain Paddlefoot

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Metallic thread
Posted by: Dean Pertot (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 04, 2014 10:52AM

Doug:

Believe it or not, we still have a decent supply of the Gudebrod Metallic Thread in stock. We purchased quite a bit of it, back when they were operational.

You can access what we have remaining at the following link:

[www.donartrods.com]

If you need to know exact quantities remaining of a particular Gudebrod item, please feel free to call us at 866-489-2046.

Regards,
Dean
donartrods.com

Posted by: Scott Kelly (---.sub-70-194-135.myvzw.com)
Date: July 04, 2014 12:44PM

I've only used Gudebrod and ProWrap and find Gudebrod easier to use.

Posted by: Donald R Campbell (---.lsanca.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 04, 2014 03:14PM

Doug,

I used Gudebrod Metallic just about exclusively until it went away. I still have some rolls left of the Gudebrod; but switch over to ProWrap Metallic as I ran out of different colors. The ProWrap Metallic is a little smaller diameter than the Gudebrod, which isn't a problem IMHO.

The only problem I have had with the ProWrap Metallic was with the Royal Blue # 9430. I built myself a St. Croix SC IV Flipping Stick and wrapped it with Royal Blue & Silver trim. The Royal Blue faded to also light purple in a little over one year. The rod did not sit out in the sun; except when fishing, (2 -3 time a month). I brought the problem to Mudhole's attention. The told me they would let Pac Bay be aware of the problem.Based on their response, I guess Pac Bay make the ProWrap for Mudhole.

All in all though, I really like the ProWrap Metallic

Don Campbell
don@sensorfishingrods.com

Posted by: Roger Pascual (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: July 05, 2014 02:40PM

you would make my day if you had HT metallic size A in silver and red 9002 and 9326?

Posted by: Dean Pertot (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: July 06, 2014 07:03AM

Roger:

We have exactly 4 of the 100 Yard spools of the 9326A remaining in stock, but no 9002.

Regards,
Dean
donartrods.com

Posted by: Thomas Kaufmann (---.direcpc.com)
Date: July 06, 2014 05:36PM

Fish Hawk

Posted by: Jimmy Crain Jr (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: July 07, 2014 03:01AM

It would suprise me if Prowrap was made by pacbay. It comes on a different spool and is wrapped differently onto the spool. Maybe the person miss under stood what thread you where having a problem with.

Posted by: Chris Richer (131.137.243.---)
Date: July 07, 2014 02:35PM

I have tried and like the Makoi threads from Don's Tackle and other sponsors on the left.

Chris Richer
Iroquois ON

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster