I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Liberty Blanks
Posted by: Chester Kiekhafer (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: June 30, 2014 10:48PM

I was wondering if anyone has purchased any of the new blanks that Get Bit is selling under their Liberty brand. I'm looking for your thoughts on the quality and how they might compare to other popular brands that we all know.

Thanks

Chester

May your line be tight and your beverages be cold!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberty Blanks
Posted by: Chris Forslund (32.218.37.---)
Date: June 30, 2014 11:14PM

I built a 6'9 ml mag bass that I use for shaky head and wacky worm. I love it. I put it between the Rx8 and Revelation made by Rainshadow .

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 01, 2014 03:35PM

What is the skinny on these blanks? They say they are made in USA, but by who? Is Liberty a Get Bit brand or the name of the manufacturer? I looked at the website but didn't see any warranty listed either.?

Did a little comparison on the weight and i didn't see them any lighter on the ones I compared but then there are a lot of variables out there.

Tom

Posted by: Get Bit Outdoors.Com (---.se.biz.rr.com)
Date: July 03, 2014 12:53PM

Hi Chester,

The Liberty blanks have had a great response so far. Extremely tough, very smooth actions, and the finish is a great pallet for all thread colors. The 'Liquid Smoke' is a smoked clear, you can see through it to the fibers but not it isn't distracting like high gloss/clear can be.

Tom W,

Liberty is a Get Bit Brand, we designed the line based on feedback from our customers to put together a complete line of lengths, actions, and powers, in an American Made offering at an affordable price point. In regards to the weight of the blanks, Actual weight and swing weights were both taken in to account when we designed the blanks. Weight comes from material and the swing weight is a result of where the material is placed throughout the flag. Keeping weight as light as possible, durability was our priority, no body likes putting hours upon hours into a custom build only to have a breakage issue. This was a major factor in how the Liberty Blanks were designed.

We appreciate the interest and hope you will give them a try, you won't be disappointed!

Tight Lines and Bull's-eyes,

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com
www.facebook.com/GetBitOutdoors

Date: July 03, 2014 12:54PM

Hi Chester,

The Liberty blanks have had a great response so far. Extremely tough, very smooth actions, and the finish is a great pallet for all thread colors. The 'Liquid Smoke' is a smoked clear, you can see through it to the fibers but not it isn't distracting like high gloss/clear can be.

Tom W,

Liberty is a Get Bit Brand, we designed the line based on feedback from our customers to put together a complete line of lengths, actions, and powers, in an American Made offering at an affordable price point. In regards to the weight of the blanks, Actual weight and swing weights were both taken in to account when we designed the blanks. Weight comes from material and the swing weight is a result of where the material is placed throughout the flag. Keeping weight as light as possible, durability was our priority, no body likes putting hours upon hours into a custom build only to have a breakage issue. This was a major factor in how the Liberty Blanks were designed.

We appreciate the interest and hope you will give them a try, you won't be disappointed!

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 03, 2014 06:08PM

That sounds really good. Your are spot on too about pouring many hours on a custom build only to have it break. Then try to figure out how to find time to build it over again when customers are waiting for new ones.

I will have to give them a try.

Thanks for the information and responce

Tom

tomscustomrods.com

Posted by: Chester Kiekhafer (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: July 03, 2014 10:39PM

Thanks for the information about the Liberty blanks. Can you tell us what the warranty is for them?

Chester

May your line be tight and your beverages be cold!

Date: July 07, 2014 09:19AM

Chester,

Liberty blanks come with a Lifetime Warranty that covers any manufacturer defects. If one breaks, please send us a few inches on both sides of the break for us to inspect.

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com

Posted by: Jim Scott (---.tampfl.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: July 19, 2014 09:46AM

Started my Liberty build last week, and i have to say i have not worked on a straighter blank. no bend or crook at the tip to work around as some of the other builds i have done.
So far very nice.

J Scott
Englewood, Fl

Date: July 21, 2014 11:55AM

Hi Jim, Thank you for your feedback on your Liberty blank. Please send us some pictures of the rod with your catch once you get it out on the water. We greatly appreciate it!

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com

Posted by: Will Eller (---.hot.res.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2016 12:18AM

Chester,

By now I hope that you have answered your own question by trying the Liberty Blanks yourself. I am no professional builder, however I grew up in a fishing family, both sport and competitively and have had the opportunity to utilize brand after brand of fishing rods. I was definitely the only 12 year old with 50 to 75 rods to choose from on any given day due to the amount of fishing my family did. I can honestly say that Liberty Blanks are second to none. The first one I build sold me, I love the feel, the weight, every thing about these blanks. Get Bit definitely hit the mark with this one!!!

Will Eller
willellerfishing@yahoo.com
FB: Will Eller Fishing

Posted by: Get Bit Outdoors.Com (---.biz.bhn.net)
Date: February 02, 2016 03:22PM

Thanks for the kind words Will, the Liberty line of blanks have been very well received by those who have tried them, we have been blown away by the feedback. We truly believe that there isn't a more affordable blank made right here in the USA!

Get Bit Outdoors
407-542-7840
www.GetBitOutdoors.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster