I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: ROD geeks
Posted by: Adam Curtis (---.static-ip.telepacific.net)
Date: June 24, 2014 01:01PM

How is the paint holding up?

Anyone been using them in the field?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phil Ewanicki (---.res.bhn.net)
Date: June 24, 2014 04:06PM

The majority of consumer goods are "parity products". Differences in advertising are greater than differences in quality or performance. The most expensive products are routinely humbled in double-blind comparison tests against their less expensive competition. I have found St. Croix products to be competitive regardless of price and their customer service to be superior.

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 24, 2014 04:10PM

Chester you may have read a little to deeply into my note. When I ssid thaey were similiar to the ST Croix I was merely using it as a reference that tthe two rodgeeks rods were of differnt quality and in now way did it say they were the same or even close to the St Criox.

Labor is less in Mexico than in the US, the graphite of both companies blanks probably come from the same supplier as do most rods made today...Japan. So they would be less expensive.

Tom

Posted by: Randolph Ruwe (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: June 24, 2014 07:43PM

Tom, are you sure that most graphite material comes from Japan?

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 24, 2014 09:33PM

They are the same.

Date: June 24, 2014 10:11PM

Rodgeeks, or Axiom North America, makes those blanks for St. Croix. They are in partnership for a segment of the St. Croix line.

Posted by: Chester Kiekhafer (---.client.mchsi.com)
Date: June 25, 2014 08:33AM

Partnership does not equal the same product or technologies only that they work together.

Chester

May your line be tight and your beverages be cold!

Date: June 25, 2014 09:06AM

I have talked to Bob quite a bit over the past 2-1/2 years. I'm not guessing here.

Posted by: Kevin Kelly (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: June 25, 2014 09:35AM

I emailed Rodgeeks from their website shortly after posting my question here. I had a response from Bob within an hour and half, answering all my questions thoroughly. No idea yet what these blanks are actually like, but A) i plan to find out soon, and 2) that's excellent customer service before the sale.

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.onlinehome-server.info)
Date: June 25, 2014 09:55AM

Every major player in the rod building industry advertises here, in the magazine and attends the Expo. Why would you think Tom wouldn't be in touch with these people and have good information as to what's what?

I talked to Bob at the Expo this year. If I remember correctly, he said these are the same SCII and SVIV blanks sold by St. Croix. RodGeeks had chosen certain models to start with and planned to add more as the market developed.

Posted by: Ken Finch (---.onlinehome-server.info)
Date: June 25, 2014 10:00AM

BTW, I'm pretty sure that all the St. Croix MOJO rods are built by Axiom.

Date: June 25, 2014 10:55AM

Don't misinterpret - the materials and technology are the same. It is the same process. The particular models aren't necessarily identical to St. Croix's, however.

Posted by: Adam Curtis (---.static-ip.telepacific.net)
Date: June 25, 2014 11:57AM

The value of the biz is in the paint and low cost for a customer to choose between multiple colors. That's a feature not currently offered by anyone in the industry.

Blanks can be had anywhere.

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: June 25, 2014 02:41PM

Tom Kirkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't misinterpret - the materials and technology
> are the same. It is the same process. The
> particular models aren't necessarily identical to
> St. Croix's, however.
>
> .................

Thank you Tom. I knew that but did not feel qualified to make that statement.

Tom

Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 25, 2014 04:10PM

Buy one
Check it out
Build it

Only you will know if you like it or not You have gotten a LOT of GOOD comments on them

Bill - willierods.com

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster