I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Decals for Seeker stand-up Tuna Rods circa 2005
Posted by: Richard Kline (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 12, 2014 04:57PM

In 2005 I built a matching set of Seeker Long Range Stand-up tuna rods TS-60X H. The Customer has brought in the rods to be refurbished. I originally purchased the blanks from Summer Moon Tackle( a Merrick Tackle retailer). The blanks came with a 2"x2" Bluefin tuna iridescent decal with a black background with Seeker Rods text below the tuna. Since Merrick and Summer Moon are no longer in business I contacted Mud Hole Tackle who referred me to Seeker Rods, Seeker claimed that they never supplied this type of decal with there Stand-up tuna blanks, and suggested that either Merrick or Summer Moon had the decals made. I also checked with the sponsors listed on the Rodbuilders web site, they only have the die-cut decals. Since the customer wants the rods refurbished to original spec's with the old type decals he would also like and additional matching rod. The customer has spend a pretty penny on the rods back in 2005, and I would like to keep him as a satisfied customer, he is a very particular fisherman and I would like to give him what he wants. The original decals on the rods are in poor shape, I thought of using a die-cut decal, but removing the old decal and backing, but this is problematic due to the size of the die cast decals and the blanks existing conditionS. I feel a decal with backing will be the best and easiest way. If any rodbuilders know where I can obtain 3 or more of these iridescent Blue fin tuna decals please let me know.

Thanks
Rich Kline CR

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Decals for Seeker stand-up Tuna Rods circa 2005
Posted by: bill boettcher (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: June 12, 2014 05:10PM

If some one here can not make them for you I would suggest contacting decal Connection

Bill - willierods.com

Date: June 12, 2014 06:34PM

Bill:
Hope someone knows about these decals, a custom decal can be expensive. Trying to keep cost down and the customer happy !

Rich Kline CR

Date: June 12, 2014 07:26PM

After surfing the internet I found that the Sabre Tuna decal is a very close match to the decals I need, The Rodworks has them but they are not in the USA getting them can be an issue.
any Sabre dealer in USA.

Rich Kline C.R.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: June 13, 2014 07:14AM

I don't think Sabre has been in business here in a very long time. A custom decal shouldn't cost you more than a few dollars.

Date: June 13, 2014 09:36AM

Tom:

Found a sabre site on sponsor list(Rodworks in South Australia) they have the decals, if I can not find a local source(USA) . I'll go with these.

Thanks

Rich

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster