I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

SEARBs Meeting
Posted by: ray balmforth (101.174.148.---)
Date: May 19, 2014 08:41PM

G'day All

Just a quick follow up to the meeting that we held on sunday.This was the first meeting since the passing away of Col.Whilst we didn't have the numbers of the last meeting
from my point of view it was certainly a very successful meeting.Its always hard to get everyone together especially when long distances are invovled and people are working
and have families.The weather certainly turned it on and we had a great time.

The standard of work never ceases to amaze me and to see it in the flesh as opposed to photos is so much better.The urushi's of Mark Fisher and Soc are unbelievable you
really have to see them in the sunlight to appreciate them fully.We were also lucky enough to have Mark do a feather inlay demonstration on one of my rods.It is a work of art
and has given me the confidence to start tackling them myself.I also did a cork grip assembly and turned up a grip.As well Barry Chapman had brought a rod stand he had made
from bamboo flooring very nice indeed.

It doesn't get much better than to have so many talented builders in one room with all the same ideals and only to happy to share their knowledge.I am sure Col would of been
watching over us and given a big thumbs up.Hopefully we can get together soon and do it all again.

cheers

Ray Balmforth
Figtree
NSW
Australia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SEARBs Meeting
Posted by: Barry Chapman (---.41.70.115.static.exetel.com.au)
Date: May 19, 2014 09:25PM

G'Day Ray I know that I certainly had a great time & the running of the meeting seems to me the way to go .The instructual side wasn't too long so everybody's interest didn't wane & the breaks in between the sessions were great where everyone had a chance to mingle & talk "Rodbuilding" a big thumbs up from me

Regards Baz

Bundeena
NSW Australia

Posted by: Mark Fisher (166.64.1.---)
Date: May 20, 2014 04:43AM

My appreciation for putting the meeting on Ray and also your hospitality. Just fantastic as always knowing what you have on your plate at the moment. I agree with Baz, the smaller numbers allowed more personal time for everyone to catch up and just have a chat. Mix in a few demo's and I personally think the day was a big success. The work of all the rod builders, since the first meeting I attended, has improved out of sight and I look forward to future meetings. Let's keep Col's legacy going forward.

Best Regards
Mark

Posted by: Rod Churchward (---.lns20.bne4.internode.on.net)
Date: May 20, 2014 12:56PM

Hi All,
Even though I couldn't attend this last meet, I have to agree with Mark's comments one hundred percent.
Kind regards,.
Rod.

Posted by: ray balmforth (101.174.148.---)
Date: May 20, 2014 06:01PM

G'day all

Glad you's agree as long as we can have a few demonstrations on the day i think it's a winner.One thing with less numbers is that i don't have to spend as much
time on the barbie.But everyone has to eat more cake that's an order from Sue lol.Doesn't look like i will be building for a while so once things settle down we will
try and get another meet going and everyone can teach me how to build a rod again.

cheers

Ray Balmforth
Figtree
NSW
Australia

Posted by: David Boyle (101.163.86.---)
Date: May 21, 2014 07:09AM

Well done guys. Would love to attend one of your meets. Would just need a bit of notice. Maybe a State of Origin theme? Go the Blues! (I always was an optimist).
Take it easy
Dave

Date: May 21, 2014 06:56PM

G'Day Dave do you want us to put on our membership list. There is no cost involved all we need are your details what sort of fishing you like & your email address or is the address on this site the one to use & then every time we hold a gathering you will be notified

Regards Baz

Bundeena
NSW Australia

Date: May 21, 2014 06:56PM

Double Post
sorry about that

Regards Baz

Bundeena
NSW Australia

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2014 07:39AM by Barry Chapman.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster