I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

A HUGE SUCCESS IN MICHIGAN!!!!!
Posted by: Don Morse (---.dhcp.bycy.mi.charter.com)
Date: April 06, 2014 07:11AM

Yesterday was the Michigan Rod Builders 3rd Annual Round Up and it was the biggest get together ever!

We had 49 builders show up from 3 different states and even from Canada.

I feel super blessed to have had the opportunity to get this organization up and running and seeing it be so successful.

We had a great meeting after the event where I officially stepped down from my "leadership" position and turned the group over to a new committee. This names and positions of the people who have stepped up take over leader ship will be posted on the MRB website very soon.

Special thanks to our seminar presenters.... Randy Kruger, Keith Corwin, Bob Clark, Matt Lubaway, Don Morse, Gary Marquardt, Vic Heal

Thanks to Ann Monk, Nancy Richer & Sandie Major for organizing food and making us all a little miserable.

And finally..... there is no way this could work without great sponsors. Please check out our website for sponsor list. [www.michiganrodbuilders.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A HUGE SUCCESS IN MICHIGAN!!!!!
Posted by: Victor Heal (---.dhcp.aldl.mi.charter.com)
Date: April 06, 2014 09:26AM

I would like to personally thank Don Morse for his hard work the last three years. Good luck in the future my friend and make sure you are not a stranger to the MRB.

Posted by: gary Marquardt (141.211.151.---)
Date: April 06, 2014 10:29AM

A grand time was had by all.
I'd like to thank Don and the gang for setting things up the last couple of years
and the great sponsors.

Also a note to dons new employer. Don needs to come to next years Round up to personally show us the newest products. So when you are budgeting travel dollars make sure you figure that visit in there.

A gathering wouldn't be the same without him.

Posted by: Gary Weber (173.241.113.---)
Date: April 06, 2014 02:27PM

My brother-in-law and I had a good time yesterday. The seminars were all interesting. I build for my personal use, and was glad to see the seminar on ultralights and basic guide set up and to hear the discussion in these groups.

Posted by: Dow Whetstone (---.columbus.res.rr.com)
Date: April 06, 2014 08:24PM

This was my first time attending a MRB Round-Up and would just like to say what a awesome time I had. I had the opportunity to meet a lot of great people and learn a lot of new information. Thank you to everyone who worked to put this event together. Thank you to all the sponsors who donated.

Posted by: Michael Danek (50.105.80.---)
Date: April 08, 2014 08:10AM

Thanks again Don Morse, and we wish you success in your new job.

Posted by: Randy Kruger (---.cbpu.com)
Date: April 10, 2014 10:43PM

Thanks to all our sponsor's support, and thanks to Don for hosting the gathering for the third year. Bigger and better each year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster