I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Thread Color Help
Posted by: Chris Tulk (---.dsl.bell.ca)
Date: April 05, 2014 12:54PM

Hi All,

I am building a casting rod for friend for his birthday. I want the theme of the rod to be the Philadelphia Flyers hockey team. Has anyone here ever tried to match the orange to a thread?
BTW the blank is white and the team colors are orange black and white. I think the color scheme should turn out alright?

Thank You,

Chris Tulk

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thread Color Help
Posted by: Phil Erickson (---.dsl.pltn13.sbcglobal.net)
Date: April 05, 2014 02:16PM

Supposedly, Flyers owner Bill Putnam chose the colors of his Alma mater University of Texas, if true, UT's "Bournt orange" is PMS 159.

Prowrap #210 Burnt Orange maybe the closest.

Date: April 05, 2014 02:32PM

Hi Phil,

Thanks! I will go take a look.

Thank You,

Chris Tulk

Posted by: Tom Wewerka (---.bltmmd.fios.verizon.net)
Date: April 06, 2014 02:06AM

Good info on the P number Phil

Chris, You may also want to check out Pro Wrap #213 Clay. On their color chart it says that it is P. 159 I have used it and it's not quite as dark as the burnt orange.

Tom

Date: April 06, 2014 09:24AM

Hi Tom,

Thanks. I actually placed an order for that and the Burt orange yesterday. Figured I would try both.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I really appreciate it.

Thank You,

Chris Tulk

Date: April 06, 2014 09:24AM

Hi Tom,

Thanks. I actually placed an order for that and the Burt orange yesterday. Figured I would try both.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I really appreciate it.

Thank You,

Chris Tulk

Posted by: David Parsons (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: April 06, 2014 10:58AM

chris I have a spool of Madera 1678 bright orange that is a close match to my flyers Jersey. If you would like some to try I live 10 minutes from the wells fargo center if you are close by

Date: April 06, 2014 10:46PM

Hi David,

I actually live in Toronto. Yes a Leafs fan! But I will add that color to my order. Mudhole carries Maera so I should be able to get it.

Thank You,

Chris Tulk

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster