I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Col Chaseling passed away
Posted by: Billy Vivona (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 24, 2014 09:14PM

I just recieved a message from his wife informing me. I had no idea, I didn't see a post about it. He was a great guy, I only got to meet him one weekend at hte ICRBE last year, and we shared a lot of laughs!! GReat guy. I know he did a lot for builders in Australia, hopefully his memory will live on through those that he met at SEARBs gatherings.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Col Chaseling passed away
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 24, 2014 09:56PM

[rodbuilding.org]

Posted by: chris short (101.172.85.---)
Date: March 25, 2014 07:41AM

Billy cols passing was a shock and a loss to his family,friends and definitely Australian rod building scene. I'm sure he will be watching every SEARBS meeting from above. Top bloke who would share everything he knew.

Posted by: keith david (172.56.27.---)
Date: March 25, 2014 11:38PM

I have not posted in a while. But he was always quick and kind enough to answer questions and offer help. Rest in peace sir.

Posted by: Mark Newcombe (---.220.dsl.syd.iprimus.net.au)
Date: March 26, 2014 04:31AM

Hey Billy yep unfortunatley it all happend pretty quick we are all determind to carry on with SEARBs Col was the driving force in setting up and maintaining the group he will be sadley missed.

Cheers

Mark Newcombe
Old Bar NSW
Australia
markscustomfishing.com
American Tackle Pro-Staff

Date: March 26, 2014 07:45AM

Mark that's good to know. I look forward to hearing about future SEARBs gatherings and you never know I might end up attending one myself one day.

Posted by: mark crouse (---.direcpc.com)
Date: March 26, 2014 01:26PM

Hi Billy
It was posted on March the 14th.
May he rest in peace, he will be missed.

Posted by: ray balmforth (---.lnse3.ken.bigpond.net.au)
Date: March 26, 2014 05:07PM

G'day Billy

I had already put up 2 posts and thought everyone was aware.Barry Chapman,Steve Ackland and myself went to the funeral as the distance for other members was to great.Col used to be the secretary for the local sports fishing club so there were a number of the old boys there.There was a very good turnout and as far as funerals go it was good.Got to meet his son and had a good chat as well as his wife Sue who was keeping me in the loop each day.The closing song was quite ironic it was from a famous Australian band Skyhooks called Living in the 70's we had a bit of a laugh as it was Col all over.
We will keep SEARBs going just need to organize a get together and you can come anytime and have a sausage sanga your most welcome.Google the song and have a listen you will love it.

cheers

Ray Balmforth
Figtree
NSW
Australia

Date: March 26, 2014 06:57PM

Ray, thank you for following up with me. I apologize for missing the other posts. I feel bad about that, it means a lot to me to pay respects in some way shape or form to those who I have dealt with and who I know are good hearted people who share a passion for life and this craft.

Posted by: Eric Warren (1.126.85.---)
Date: March 28, 2014 10:49PM

Your thoughts and advice on rod building to me and many others on this forum will be sadly missed , RIP mate from Western Australia .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster