I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

Batson RX8 8'6" 5wt 4pc Common Cents
Posted by: Roman Chamine (---.ptld.qwest.net)
Date: March 15, 2014 03:27PM

So, for the very first time I tried to measure the CC values for a rod. These are the numbers I have observed:

Batson XF865
-------------------
ERN: 6.00
AA: 62.5
CCF: 82.9

Since this is a popular blank I would like to know if these measurements are similar to what you have came up with.
Just want to make sure my test harness works as expected. If you don't have the numbers for this specific blank, perhaps
you measured a similar one, a 9' for example? Any input is greatly appreciated

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2014 11:20AM by Roman Chamine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Batson RX8 8'6" 5wt 4pc CCI
Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 16, 2014 09:29AM

I think you mean the CCS - that might get you a few more replies.

Date: March 16, 2014 10:46AM

Thanks Tom.

On the left it says Common Cents Info... :) Either way, I think everybody understands what ERN, AA and CCF are in this context. No replies simply suggests that not many builders actually try to measure those values anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2014 11:22AM by Roman Chamine.

Date: March 16, 2014 11:28AM

We need that CCS data site back online. Tom, is there any effort under way to make it available again? Or, is there not enough current interest to justify the costs?

Re: Batson RX8 8'6" 5wt 4pc Common Cents
Posted by: Todd Theodore (---.fuse.net)
Date: March 16, 2014 12:33PM

There's still some data at [www.wetconcepts.com]. I don't think it's active anymore. But, there is some data available.
Maybe someone could take up the project of getting it up and running. I'd even be willing to donate a few bucks if that's what it takes. Or, maybe there's just not enough interest like you said. Shame.

I have that same blank and will be doing the testing soon. I'll let you know what I find. From the current data available, the AA looks a bit a bit lower than others.

Posted by: Tom Kirkman (Moderator)
Date: March 16, 2014 12:52PM

Bob Hesser maintained that site and I haven't heard from him in a while. There is more than enough interest, just no one willing to step up and take it on. Just one of those things where everyone wants the information to be readily available, but no one wants to be responsible for getting a site up and then maintaining it.

Beyond that, the system is so easy to use that you can reasonably trust your own figures provided you followed the article measurement process.

Date: March 16, 2014 01:46PM

I did get my blank tested and I got an AA-65 and ERN-5.65

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2014 03:24PM by Todd Theodore.

Posted by: James Francis (---.wmisdsl.com)
Date: March 17, 2014 01:06PM

Roman Chamine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Either way, I think everybody understands what
> ERN, AA and CCF are in this context. .

I don't and I didn't see anything on the linked site that explained it. Anyone know of a link to an explanation somewhere?

Posted by: Ladd Flock (128.36.9.---)
Date: March 17, 2014 03:18PM

Here is the simplified overview [www.common-cents.info] from [www.common-cents.info].

Date: March 18, 2014 10:58AM

Thanks Todd!

Sounds like we have two different blanks! :) What about the CCF test? I think that one is the funnest part of the CC testing.

Posted by: Geoff Staples (---.olypen.com)
Date: March 18, 2014 11:01AM

Hey Tom, I smell a value added service for RodMaker subscribers, advertisers, and RodBuilding.Org sponsors! What do you say? :)

-The Batson TEAM
BatsonEnterprises.com

Posted by: James Newsome (---.244.204.207.client.dyn.strong-sf33.as22781.net)
Date: March 18, 2014 03:14PM

Hmmmm, The magazine, the magazine reception at the expo each year, this website, the glossary, the photo page, the FAQS, the Online library, the buy sell page, the CCS info page, the public library program and who knows what else. Maybe Tom is at the point of being "valued out" right now?? But if not....

Date: March 21, 2014 11:46PM

Same blank. Didn't do the CCF.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster