I
nternet gathering place for custom rod builders
  • Custom Rod Builders - This message board is provided for your use by the sponsors listed on the left side of the page. Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom building. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

• Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board.

• Rules - Rod building is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.

Registration is now required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting.
SPONSORS

2024 ICRBE EXPO
CCS Database
Custom Rod Symbol
Common Cents Info
American Grips Piscari
American Tackle
Anglers Rsrc - Fuji
BackCreek Custom Rods
BatsonRainshadowALPS
CRB
Cork4Us
HNL Rod Blanks–CTS
Custom Fly Grips LLC
Decal Connection
Flex Coat Co.
Get Bit Outdoors
HFF Custom Rods
HYDRA
Janns Netcraft
Mudhole Custom Tackle
MHX Rod Blanks
North Fork Composites
Palmarius Rods
REC Components
RodBuilders Warehouse
RodHouse France
RodMaker Magazine
Schneiders Rod Shop
SeaGuide Corp.
Stryker Rods & Blanks
TackleZoom
The Rod Room
The FlySpoke Shop
USAmadefactory.com
Utmost Enterprises
VooDoo Rods

expo best of show
Posted by: lee cox (---.vectro.com)
Date: March 04, 2014 09:11AM

This was my second expo and once again I was very pleased with the overall quality and size of the event. I read many things about what people thought was the best product of the show and there were many new and great ones this year. But for me the best product this year was the same as last year. I am talking about the INFORMATION that you can only get at the expo. The seminars are just the very best and most professionally done of any rod building event in the world. Everything about them is top notch and others should take a lesson from how these are done. Then you have all the give and take going on in the aisles between rod builders. You stop at a booth to see something and hear somebody talking and get in on the conversation and before you know it there is a mini seminar going on in a booth or aisle. Only at a place where you have this many rod builders can you get this much information. My vote goes to the great rod building information to be had at the expo. You cannot overlook this all important aspect of the event no matter how great the new products were.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: expo best of show
Posted by: Ken Preston (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: March 05, 2014 03:47PM

and it can be even better in the hotel bar(s) at the end of the day when builders / manufacturers get together

Posted by: Don Morse (---.dhcp.bycy.mi.charter.com)
Date: March 05, 2014 05:51PM

Ken Preston Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and it can be even better in the hotel bar(s) at
> the end of the day when builders / manufacturers
> get together

It sure was fun Ken!

Posted by: Mark Newcombe (---.220.dsl.syd.iprimus.net.au)
Date: March 06, 2014 03:22AM

There were a few standout products for me it was worth the effort to attend. I had a ball meeting everyone on from a business perspective it was great I have some great new products and my relationships with my current suplliers has been takin to a new level. Big thanks to Don for setting up the accommodation and putting up with me and thanks to Tom for making me feel so welcome I will be back next year for sure hopefully with a few of my customers as well.

Cheers

Mark Newcombe
Old Bar NSW
Australia
markscustomfishing.com
American Tackle Pro-Staff

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Webmaster